or Connect

Posts by Leta

OK, this is really dorky, BUT... something Tina Fey said (yes, I am a fan) has stuck in my head for years now. It was about working moms. "You start to think, this is impossible, oh, this is impossible. And you just keep on and keep on... and then you kind of do the impossible." June will come. It will. And your DS is almost three? So in 2 or 3 years he will go to school. Maybe you should plan on going back then. And keep working at your job until your...
Right, most people in two income families NEED both incomes. (They wrote a book about this, you know. It's called "The Two Income Trap".) DH and I intentionally bought a house we could afford on his income and his income alone. (He has excellent job security). But we moved to a *very* low COL area in order to do that. If we still lived where we did when we got married, we would both have to work just to keep a roof over our heads, without a doubt. The funny...
We buy whole foods. If we buy something like chips, we just get crappy Ruffles or something, because it's a one-off, just a small bag of chips at a gas station. We don't always buy organic, but we buy organic whenever we can. For example, we don't have a source of organic bread flour, but we buy organic wheat flour. We don't buy organic Eggland's Best, we get local eggs instead for $2.50 a dozen. We buy organic produce whenever we can, but we are limited to...
I needed to hear this. I did try the soft paws, they lasted less than an hour. And while I appreciate the suggestions to train her, that just does not fly with this cat. I have trained other cats, and to train Nan to stay off the bed... I don't really know how to explain this, but because she was so tiny when I got her, and had to be bottle fed, she imprinted me as her mom. To train her to stay off the bed would just be... it would just never happen. She would be...
I know exactly what you're going thru, and it sucks. Many hugs.
WOW! She looks so.much. like our dog! She's lighter complectioned all around, but her ears and coat and shape of her face look like Nellie. Nellie's mom was an American Staffordshire Terrier (similar to but not the same as an American Pit Bull Terrier) and the family of her dam think that she was sired by the neighbor dog who was a Goldadore (Golden Lab/Golden Retriever mix). Bianca looks more Pit than AmStaff to me, based on her coloring, though- my brother has...
I have never declawed a cat. I think it's best avoided, if/when possible. I have a 7 year old cat. I found her as a tiny, feral kitten, and bottle fed her. She has weird sucking behaviors and is a very needy cat, which is normal for a kitty with her background. She kneads (y'know, what cats do with their paws when they purr?) very intensely. She's not that into being petted herself, rather, she wants to purr, knead me, suck on the blanket, and then lay on my...
DH thinks it's a pitbull/mastiff mix... I'm thinking more along the lines of American Bulldog/Mastiff mix. Regardless, SUPER CUTE! We are talking about getting another puppy now.
I feel bad all the time about SAH... for various reasons. We decided not to do preschool (2x/wk) this year because DD was already doing speech (2x/wk) and horseback riding (1x/wk). BIG MISTAKE. She is bored to death and starving for kids her own age. I'd really like to homeschool, but I just don't think DD will like it, so at this point we're playing it by ear. I loved being at home with DD as an infant... but I was only home with her full time for the first six...
Don't pay them anything. At all. If they were legit, they would do things in writing. If it's not on your credit report, and nothing's in writing IT IS A SCAM. This happened to my grandma after my grandpa died. Yes, there are UAVs out there who will even steal from a dead man, so they sure as heck will try to steal from you. Ignore the calls, try to explain to your family if you have to, don't send them a nickel and don't give them any information. I highly...