or Connect

Posts by Leta

Oh, yeah, I'm happy that there was an actual floor under there... I had just been assuming that it was subfloor, because WHY would someone glue carpet on hardwood? That still just baffles me. I was afraid that the carpet would get the subfloor rotting, and that our tub would end up in our kitchen, which is why I started cutting the carpet away. Aren't older homes fun!?
Off topic: Ugggh, tell me about it! Our bathroom carpet got sooo disgusting last summer (and it was the newest carpet in the house- there was a roll of leftover carpet in the basement when we moved in). The condensation from the sink pipes got the carpet damp and it would.not.dry. and it started to stink. So I got out a utility blade and decided to cut away the damp, smell part... and discovered maple hardwood floors underneath. They glued the carpet directly to the...
*Flashes street cred badge: daughter of a non-shady contractor* Not that you ever want to replace your roof, but here's the thing: roofs need replacing. It's just a question of when. Right now is a great time to have it done, because housing is in the toilet, and a lot of honest contractors are desperate for work and willing to bargain. (I'd PM with my dad's info , but he's in FL.) I cannot give any advice about your family trip, but I will say that I heard on...
I just kind of assumed they (our house's previous owners) were stoners. Anyway, yes, my cat's food is in their little room, at the other end from the litter. DH and I talked today, and he agreed that once we have a platform bed, he will evict the cats before he goes to sleep, because they will have no place to crawl under. So progress was made there. I also was looking at these Closet Maid cubbie/shoerack things, they are kind of like particle board, square, cat...
Has anyone heard about this? These ladies already have two boys, and they are now pregnant again- both of them, at the same time. I think this is fascinating. I can see how it would be good- you could leave the babies with your wife and go out and not have to pump- and bad- would it be hard to be labor support for your wife while pregnant yourself? Also, I get a little nutty while pregnant, so part of me would want my spouse to not also be a hormonal roller...
Get it down to the stuff she really uses a lot and get her a lapdesk. That has worked wonderfully for us, since it can be hauled from room to room and taken on trips. You can get them fairly big- like this.
Right before DD's second birthday, I got pregnant. (I was pregnant for four months, but sadly I miscarried.) By the time I was about 12 weeks, I could not handle nursing anymore. Nursing was never particularly comfortable or uncomfortable for me, but around my second trimester, it was like... talons scratching my nipples. I could.not.stand.it. It was all I could do not to fling DD off of me. I know this is part of why she weaned when she did. Now, I refuse to...
I would love to put the bed on the floor, but I can't because we have split box spring- we've tried before and the bed just squooshes apart without the frame holding it together. My spoiled @$$ cats have their own room! Really, it's an enormous closet- it's as big as DSS's old bedroom. They have toys and a big tall scratching post, a very large window with a special wide sill that my dad installed for chilling and gazing (plus the window's a double hung, it opens at...
Use white vinegar as a rinse aid (a la Jet Dry). Also, mix in some packets of lemon Kool Aid to your bs/ws mix. Generic is fine, just don't use the stuff that already has sugar added.
I would have him take it court. Either way, you get something- a TPR, or child support. Not that that will be an easy thing for you to do, but based on your OP, that's probably what I would do.