or Connect

Posts by barose

Angie - I am so sorry you are going through this. I remember some of your posts from several months (year?) back and I had no idea you have this challenge. I admire your strength; raising children the best way possible (you are on MDC ) and your seemingly positive attitude. I wish you nothing but the best in the years ahead. purple - My Neuro told me it was too soon to tell yet. I am currently going through my first exacerbation that is in its fourth week. I am so...
Quote: Originally Posted by purplegirl First let me give you a hug and a big fat welcome back. I've thought about you from time to time. Secondly, dietary changes can help tremendously. If I recall, you eat a healthy diet already so that will help. Have you added fish oil to your regimine? What about vitamin D? Both have helped my sis a lot. Yoga is excellent for MS too. I have to run right now but I'll gladly come back and talk more about thriving...
I started to write this in health and healing, but not sure if I’m looking for specific medical information. Its been a while since I posted on MDC for various reason (time issues, infertility, etc), but I am back because I formed a bond with so many mamas here – more than any other forums I’ve been on. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis on Jan 16th after dealing with primary symptoms for several months. I am currently going through my first “relapse” and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Synthea™ WordPress for search engine optimization WordPress for template customization/design WordPress for pages as well as posts (it really can be a content management system on it's own) WordPress for great admin section Plugins (add ons) in WordPress.... the list goes on...Blogger is good if you want quick and easy. WordPress is if you want to have a serious, professional blog. : I almost had no traffic that...
Reading this is making me I didnt know I had such a positive influence on so many members here
Quote: Originally Posted by MilkTrance I think that a woman can be a mother in many ways other than mothering children that came from her body. She can mother adoptive or foster children. She can mother step-children. She can mother her nieces, nephews, friends' children. She can mother her students, big and small. She can be a mother figure to her animals and pets, livestock, or those animals sharing their space with her. She can be a mother figure...
(I would have wrote this on the thread I previously started, but just remembered that I cant reply to it) http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=948132 I hate to do this after I promised I would stick around, but I do have to say goodbye to MDC. Everyone here is wonderful and supportive and would make great friends IRL so it’s not personal against anyone on this board, nor it is Mothering.com. After the decision to stop ttc and live a childfree life, part...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 Most registries are set up so that anyone can see it. Were they advertising the registry or something? What's the issue? But millions of people dont know most common folk. The average registry are for the friends and families, not the world. There is a difference in this case. This family got tons of free stuff and they are asking for more. They are not committing a crime, just my observation.
I get hot when people try to spell my name with a K instead of C. I soooo hate it. I don’t know why I dislike it so much, I just do. I don’t even mind so much when my name is mispronounced, especially if English is their second language, just don’t spell it with a fricken K! I have issues, I know!
::Happy Birthday!!:: For the past few years DP takes me to dinner which is sort of exciting but we eat out weekly anyway. We may go to a nicer place (four star instead of the usual three star). This year DP wants to take me to a five star place, but I think it would be more fun to do a weekend trip. We love food. Last year, I threw DP a 50th b-day party at our house and this year (October) we're going to NYC for the week for his 51st. We’re only doing it because we...