or Connect

Posts by Funny Face

I don't think her kids were offended. I think she was using every possible reason and excuse she could think of because she was trying to force me to comply.
The only contact we've had previously was when the husband gave the kids some matchbox cars one day when we were all standing outside. He seemed like a nice guy.   I haven't heard anything more but I did notice that when her daughter was outside yesterday both parents stood on the porch staring out over the backyard, arms crossed. No idea if that had anything to do with me but it seemed a little strange. I honestly think if they have a problem with seeing my kids...
My kids stripped down in our backyard this afternoon to play in the hose while I was finishing up cleaning the floors in the house. Honestly, I didn't know they were all fully naked (7 year old girl, 4 year old boy, and a 2 year old boy) but I wouldn't have thought it was a big deal anyway since we have big bushes on all sides and no one else was in their backyards at the time.    Anyway, neighbor lady came out and called me to the fence and started with 'I don't...
My almost 2 year old nursing at a pumpkin patch.
Subbing. 
I wish I would run into more people like you! How very affirming!   I've always been so very pleased to get nice comments. I remember one time I had three small kids in line in a store where the check out lane snaked around and was lined with all kinds of items and breakable things. I spent 10 minutes redirecting, distracting, quieting and entertaining my rowdy kids. I was so worried that everyone around me was getting annoyed but when I got to the front of the line...
I made this tonight and it was really tasty!
Any form of self focus might be beneficial. I know in our city there are meditation centers that just take donations and I considered doing that during the darkest period of my life. I ended up using other resources but I always thought that sounded like a peaceful way to center myself and reduce my stress level.  We have always paid for our therapists out of pocket, even at our poorest, and MANY therapists work on a sliding scale. You might also look into women's...
It is hard to feel like the only person responsible for your family's well being while you are spread too thin and unsure of where to go or what to do from here.    Sometimes where we end up is a result of the way we've been taught to act and think our whole lives and it is incredibly difficult to change that or know how to.    Do you have any resources available to you that would be beneficial? Finding a way to get into counseling can help bring about a snowball...
I finally found some brown lentils at an Indian food store so I'm making this soon. I don't have any smoked paprika so hopefully it still turns out okay. :)