or Connect

Posts by srain

I actually made one from cardboard boxes- gluing them together, cutting out windows and doors and trapdoors, and sponge-painting it all to look like it was made from stone. Picture: http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/124...tmas%20001.jpg I made another one once that I covered with granite-looking Contact paper. Cardboard won't do the trick if they're into sitting on/ kicking them, but they hold up well, are environmentally friendly, cost effective, and easy to make if...
This kind of depends on what you're willing to try and what you're willing to change. Hygiene: I use baking soda and vinegar instead of shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and much of my soap. I don't use perfumes. Bar soaps are usually not wasted as much as shower gels. I don't use mouthwash. I use olive oil for dry skin instead of lotion. Cleaning: I use vinegar, baking soda, dish detergent, and microfiber cloths. And laundry detergent. Supplements: I don' take...
Vinyl's just plain bad- check out this movie: http://www.bluevinyl.org/animation.htm But the mining of metals is just plain bad, too. Do you REALLY have to replace them, or can they be repaired?
Quote: Originally Posted by snozzberry I definitely understand all that. But if I need a bag, it makes me feel better to avoid using a petroleum-based product, personally. I've read a couple studies which showed that paper bag production actually used more petroleum (in logging, production, heavier shipping, etc.) than plastic bags. I'm torn myself- I try not to get any disposable bags, but occasionally I'll forget my bags or not have...
In season, it's easy to get thermal underwear in that size from places like Target, but I'm guessing it won't be now that it's spring. Camping stores probably still have it, locally or online (like here: http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...berId=12500226 ), though it will be pricier/ better quality than you may need.
Another option would be to sew a couple extra layers of cotton into your underwear, if you're not changing the pads during the day.
It really depends on what you want coverd. If you both died, what would your kids' guardians need? If your husband died, would you want to go back to work? When? If you died, would he want to stop working? Hire a nanny? For how long? etc. etc.
Other than using bleach or Tide, which I'm not willing to do, we've tried all of the above suggestions before and nothing worked! So now I try to avoid white clothing altogether.
Quote: Originally Posted by Herausgeber No, you don't pay taxes on your federal refund. If you itemized last year AND this year, you would pay it on a state refund this year, but that's because you had taken a deduction for the amount in state taxes you paid last year (before accounting for the refund). Yes that- when you itemize, you declare the amount taken out in payroll taxes, which doesn't account for your future refund. So the "paying...
Quote: Originally Posted by kmamma I'm very much surprised that for some people, the actions and ideas of certain individuals within a very large and scattered community (ie the WAP-inspired folks), such as bashing somebody else's lifestyle choices, is significant enough to turn your back on the vast literature this way of eating is based on. Other than Nourishing Traditions, which many of us have noted does not really include reference to...