or Connect

Posts by srain

Quote: Originally Posted by feminist~mama It would have been nice if all the main characters weren't Caucasian and if folks who are differently abled had been included... not to say that they are completely absent, just not "main players" for the most part... I've never pictured most of the characters being Caucasian- do they explicitly say they are? (I don't always read descriptions of appearance too carefully! )
I'm missing something- why would you need to put the kids in childcare if only you were working?
Quote: Originally Posted by Lil'M I'm just not getting in what universe this scenario would be ok. Not in mine. In a universe in which one has complete and total faith and trust in their spouse, it would be OK. I wish the OP had that.
If that had enabled me to get more than 20 minutes of sleep at a time during my kids' first years, it would've been worth it- and I'd have been a much better parent!
Abimommy's glycerine suggestion should be condom-safe....
One thing that might help with the random shopping- keep a list of things you've identified that your family actually truly NEEDS before the next season. Do not buy ANYTHING that is not on the list. An on-sale sweater that isn't needed is a waste of money and space. To work within your ADD tendencies, it might help to pick very small things to work on organizing to start with, or to choose a small amount of time (say, 15 minutes) during which you vow to remain focused....
Is there a reason you can't go too? Honestly, I, personally, would probably not have a problem with the scenario as you describe it, but that's given my own assumptions of trust and responsiblity in relationships which seem to differ from yours. don't know your whole story. But can you go along to make it feel "right" to you without making him feel like you're trying to cut into his relationships with other family members?
That really sucks. Honestly, though, if I were you, I'd use the big check you have coming and put it all toward the bill. It sounds like your budget is such that any money coming in gets spent rather than saved, and getting this paid off ASAP will give you a little more breathing room.
I'd eat some myself and wait overnight before giving them to my kids. I do that with all home-canned foods- probably silly, but makes me feel better.
Vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce 1 cup cider vinegar 1/3 cup dark molasses 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup water 3 tablespoons lemon juice 1 1/2 teaspoons salt -- I cut in half 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered mustard 1 teaspoon onion powder 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 ...