or Connect

Posts by bbsc

Or a big pharmacy. The local, non national chain pharmacy in my town carries it.
I have tried to enroll my son in the local public school, rather than the charter, and I am supposed to hear on Monday if they have space for him and can admit him. Apparently, since I did the open enrollment process they might not be allowed to admit him. If a parent elects to do open enrollment, the student is expected to attend the other school for 1 year. The charter will not take him back at all, and the local school might not take him either. This is such a...
I have submitted the letter to request the IEP review, and now I just have to wait the up to thirty days for the meeting to be scheduled. The school will not let me bring him back, so I guess that I should just keep him home for now. I will update if I find out something new. I believe that he would be fine with minor accommodations for his OT and APE. And maybe an extra reminder to stay on task, line up, etc.
I'm trying to come up with a plan for next week. I am in contact with SPIN in my area, and they feel like it would be a bad idea to try and keep him at a school that doesn't want him because they will not do their best. Can I take him to school on Tuesday? I don't want a scene where they ask us to leave, because it would be very upsetting for my son. I'm planning on faxing a letter to request a new IEP meeting to the director of special ed, and filing a...
Yes, the school does not want him there at all, and are not willing to work with me finding a volunteer aide, or anything. It just boggles my mind, because at the original IEP meeting everybody's first choice for him was the charter school that he was waitlisted at, but since it was iffy whether or not he would get in, they put down the SDC preschool for him. I wish now that we had asked for that alternate plan to be written in. The principal is adamant that he is not...
I have to think about how hard I want to fight to keep him at a school that doesn't want to deal with him, you know? I will certainly take a look at those links and see what I can do. It sounded like they had already offered my son's spot to another student from the wait list too, so it seems like they would just say that there is no space for him anyway. ETA His IEP call for him to attend the special day class preschool, and not the charter that he was attending for...
Thanks for all the support. I'm just in a state of shock here. I really thought it was going to work out for him to start K this year. At the IEP meeting, I did agree to the preschool placement, but now that he has matured so much over the summer, I don't think that it is appropriate anymore. Do I need to request another assessment? Or can I just talk about his growth during the next IEP meeting? I feel like he was removed from the charter school because there...
So I just got off the phone with the principal and he is kicked out. I am so upset.
We had my son evaluated by the school district in May, and the IEP was in June. The team decided that the best placement for my 5 year old was in the SDC preschool, because of motor and social deficits, low muscle tone and nonverbal learning disorder. The fact that he was still in diapers at school was also an issue. I also had applied to a local charter school, but was waitlisted. The team agreed that if he got admitted there, it would also be a good placement for...
Yes, my budget sure increased when grandma decided to buy the Graco for us! I looked at pictures of both of those more expensive car seats, and I think that it looks like he would be able to very easily slide down the chest clip on the Recaro. I think that it was the rubbery bits on his wizard that kept him from adjusting the chest clip too much, and I see that the Frontier has those. We will likely go with the Frontier, for that reason, plus I found it online for...