or Connect

Posts by SheSpeeds

I have a varicose vein down my right leg that started from pregnancy.  I'm super active, healthy weight, and in my 30's. It wouldn't bother me, except that it hurts when I'm active...running, riding bikes, chasing children.  I've read some of the forums on here about alternative approaches to surgery.  Some of which I've been willing to try.  I've tried the stockings too, which sends the discomfort up higher in my leg, but does not resolve it.  EVLT is the surgical...
I am all for my children knowing their anatomical parts and names for areas less spoken in our culture.  However!  Dirty connotations comes from the tone and intent of the person using them more so than word choice.  Language, both for private and non-private subjects, needs to take into account maturity of the child.  "Did you know there are many names and nicknames for your body parts!" is a great segue to learning additional names when the child is interested.  What...
I recently tried a detox footbath at the local health clinic, using an electric current.  It was disguisting of course, dark green chunky whatever coming out of my body, this I was expecting.  But before I was done with the 1/2 hour treatment, my wrist started to "tweak", and after a couple hours, all joints in my body were "tweaking". I've never had joint pain before, but that's how I would describe this.    Anyone else experience this, know what to think of it?
Thank you for your replies.  You both responded similarly to what I have in my mind.  We got some blood work done yesteday, one of which includes an IgG.  Which, a conventional MD requested before I had the chance to ask.  I just had my own IgG done (needs to be redone) so perhaps the two of us can heal our guts togehter.  I am soooo glad that we do not vaccinate, I have a little more rest in my mind that it's less likely to be metal toxicity.  Doesn't mean it's...
We have an alumina filter (www.friendsofwater.com ).  It was a little more initally but the filters last longer than RO and there's no wastewater. I have not had our water tested for flouride since we got the filter, so I am basing my information on trust of resources.   Directly to their flouride filter list:  http://shop.friendsofwater.com/FLUORIDE-PLUS-Water-Filters_c23.htm;jsessionid=FDCDBB7B613DE4687A8C5D742FA8B5B9.qscstrfrnt02  They look to be between $200...
My 4.5 year old son has had frequent fevers.  After the last one, I recalled as many as I could, put them on a calendar, noted a pattern and predicted today's fever 3 weeks ago.  No other symptoms.  He sleeps when he has the fever, usually it's 100* - 101*.  If he actually gets sick with something, his fever spikes to 104.7*  Best I can tell this is something called Periodic Fever Syndrome.    Who has experince with this and has advice on where I should start...
I've been doing elimination for about 5 years.  Constant post nasal drip is my only symptom, and fatigue I suppose.  I have had no success.  I am waiting on my IgG results.  If the results are as valuable as I think they may be, I will likely get it done for both my kids, OR just pretend their list is the same as mine and see what happens.   I've never done the GAPS (elimination diet), but as a nutritionist suggested to me, if you're sensitive to apples and chicken...
IgG allergy test, conducted via bloodwork, would show you if you have an insensitivity.  IgE allergy test is the common one, but if you're sensitive to milk not allergic to it, IgE won't tell you anything.  My insurance covered both allergy tests, but you may want to check first.  I think it's around $300 without insurance, and would be a wealth of info.  The best thing about IgG sensitivities is that they are largely resolvable. 
My son (4.5) had reoccuring fevers.  We have no diagnosis of anything, except mother (and day care providers) intuition that these fevers are cyclical and almost predictable (i'll tell you in 3 weeks).  He fits the description from many mom posts of PFAPA (periodic fever syndrome).  Ultimately, it doesn't matter if it's a syndrome or not.  He gets low fevers often, high fevers occasionally when there are symptoms of something else, like rotavirus, colds, ect.  This to me...
This is complete vanity.  I have very long legs, I am tall and skinny.  I have a predominant wiggly vein from one knee to my ankle.  It hurts when i run.  It's ugly when I look at it.  I've had 2 kids, and i have a desk job.  That's where it's from.   I'm reading about convensional medical solutions.  I'm usually talked out of this kind of thing, like Lasik, or birht control, becuase it's creapy stuff.  What about laser surgery for veins?