or Connect

Posts by graceomalley

Re the comment that non-adoptive parents are offering advice: I saw this on new posts and I'm guessing that others are doing the same. They're offering advice because it's a worrying situation. OP, are you diluting her milk? IMO she's seeking food because you're underfeeding her. She's hungry. The meals you listed are inadequate in fats and protein. You need to increase her portion sizes and substitute nutrient dense food for the empty calories you're giving her (eg...
Towards the end of my 2nd pregnancy I'd been having lots of niggles and cramps - they were irregular and very mild so I thought whenever they got stronger and more regular it would be my sign that things were warming up. They got stronger and regular one afternoon and I thought to myself that the baby would be born within 24 hours. I was holding him 20 minutes later!
My son went to his Grandfather's funeral when he was a couple of days old. There was nothing inappropriate about it at all, everyone said it was great that I took him - it gave my family comfort at a difficult time.
How about Lucca Raine?
Thanks so much for your thoughts and input. I really appreciate it. It's been over 5 hours now and he seems to be back to his normal self - no shaking or wobbling, he's squawking as usual and is flying from person to person to get scratches. I'm hoping that it means he's going to be okay. I spoke to my Dad (I couldn't contact him earlier when it first happened otherwise I would have just called him - he bred exotic birds for many years) and Dad said the bird probably...
It's a cockatiel. I would take him to the vet, but it's Sunday here. If his condition gets worse I'll ring around to see if there's an on call vet working today. He seems to be getting back to his normal self - it's been an hour since it happened and he's walking all over the room. He isn't really attempting to fly, but he jumped (huge bounce) from a box to my lap about 10 minutes ago.
What a fun theme! Kids are easy - just plain black pants with little black cowboy boots, a white shirt (or even checked, since it's not a black tie wedding) and vest. And maybe a western style hat. Since it's fairly informal I'd even let them pin a sheriff's badge onto their vest. Your DH could wear something similar (minus the badge ). There's a pic of a little boy here, that's the image I had in my head: http://www.myexpression.com/articles...ldWildWest.cfm Girls...
If you have a pet bird - or any knowledge about this situation - can you please have a look at my thread in the Pets section? Thanks! http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1226970
We only let our bird fly free in our two living rooms because they're safe (older style house means there are no windows in the room for it to crash into). It's a very tame bird and we've never had any problems with this. But my son just left the door to the kitchen open and the bird flew into a window. He was very, very shaky - wobbling on the floor. I picked him up and sat still with him on my lap. He vomited twice and has his feathers puffed up. Is there...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tradd I haven't read the entire thread, but this is one in the Chicago area. When I first moved here from suburban Detroit 14 years ago, I'd never heard it and I'm still not used to it! "You wanna go with?" Not, "You want to go with me to the store?" but "You wanna go with?" That reminds me of the very American (maybe Canadian too?) phrase "S/he passed". S/he passed what? Passed the salt? Passed out? ...