or Connect

Posts by BurtsGirl

S&D - I remember you from the Queer - TTC threads. So glad you guys are doing well and good to see you around this thread also. I loved your story and your goals/priority list. Sounds like you know where you're heading and that's great!
Just wanted to welcome the new ladies to the thread. Max, I'm still kind of learning myself so I'm interested in what others say about your challenges, especially #1. It can't be an either/or situation. For some the point of having a more simple lifestyle is so you can have the time to maintain and be with the friends and family you most care about, if that's what's important to you. Maybe limiting those friendships to just one or two will help. I think also being the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mags.bubble This is where I was hoping the discussions would turn. I am searching out voluntary simplicity, but still working out what it means to me. While decluttering our home is important to me, I am well aware that I need to declutter my brain too. It seems the discussions about simplicity often get stuck on decluttering our stuff, but there seems to be much more to it than that. I do already have a somwhat decluttered...
I thought Goodwill was non-profit, am I wrong? Also for the books, see if your library has an interlibrary loan program. That's how I got the ones I'm reading now.
Just wanted to pop in and say good morning! I'm SO behind in this thread and I don't think I'm going to catch back up. But I hoped you all had a wonderful holiday! We had a great holiday and the weather has been fairly nice. Not too cold, not too hot. Although some snow would have been nice.
How was everyone's Holiday? We did pretty great this year, only I somehow ended up with three snuggies, lol. I feel kind of bad for donating gifts I don't like and don't want straight over to goodwill but I don't want them cluttering up my home. Brandi, we had a similar Sunday. It was great! We did everything at our own pace. We relaxed, ate, did some laundry, DW took the dog for a walk, played games, it was just great. I've been reading over some of the books that were...
Happy Winter Solstice!! We celebrated last night but we normally celebrate the night of. It was just more convenient to celebrate on a Sunday. We had a great day! We played in the snow, hung our bird food ornaments on the trees in the woods, cooked a delicious feast, and enjoyed the solstice fire. It was perfect. I just love solstice. I love being pagan. It makes me feel so connected to the earth. Reminds me to slow down and pay attention-reconnect. I hope you all...
LTB, I'm sorry you feel like you might not fit in here and I hope you'll reconsider. I think simple living is very subjective, just like spirituality is. What might work or be a goal for one person might not for another. For me this thread is about getting tips and ideas and supporting each other's simple living goals. I also find that I've been inspired by most of the people here. Amy, we sent out Holiday cards this year, just like every other year. I love sending and...
YAY I have two books you guys suggested come into the library today. Looks like I'll have lots of holiday reading material!
Yay for the check! V - stocking up is a very natural process this time of year. We do a lot of canning at the end of fall and stocking up on staples and such. Hope you guys stay warm! Cari - Your solstice menu is making me almost wish for summer...almost. Clay - Hope you get to feeling better and I'm sorry for your family's loss. Maia - Looks like you got all the snow. Why aren't you sharing it with us down here in the foothills? Just teasin. Looks like...