or Connect

Posts by dawningmama

Oh, no. It's raining. And my mother is out most of the day. I may need to break out the movies for them today.
Really, for the most part, my kids (ages 9, 11 and 13) have been lovely. I did not plan much for them at all, but my mom lives with us and she's been doing some baking and such with them. And the weather has been blessedly lovely so they've been spending a good bit of the day outside. But sometimes, they are loud. And it seems those times always come around when I really need them not to be loud. They also seem a bit out of practice about being with each other this...
Another great episode! Masters really grew on me over the arc and I enjoyed this look at her, the parallels to House and I really loved that House wanted something, got involved in something and asked for something that had nothing to do with his love life or addiction. He was into medicine this week. The last two weeks reminded me what I have always loved about this show: the ensemble and the medical mystery and a balance between the medicine and the personal stuff. ...
Bamboo or silk pillowcases may help lessen the tangles during sleep. You can also just try rubbing a wee bit of coconut oil in the hair in the morning, or make a spray of water and a little coconut or olive oil.
Ditto, except it's the #1 reason I chose to give the kids my last name (as well as dp's), much to the annoyance of MIL and many members of both sides of the family (bonus). My last name and my mom's last names rhyme, which makes it that much more annoying when trying to correct people.Of course, this has lead to a host of new and different assumptions (that dp is not the biological father of our children or that he is my 2nd husband or that we are not married at all or...
I don't understand the thought process behind that apology. It's not the first time I've heard that "logic" but it makes absolutely no sense. I am glad that the incident has gotten some attention, maybe has people discussing the use of this kind of slur who would not otherwise be doing so, etc. OTOH, I've read a fair bit of defense of the whole thing and that's turning my stomach.
My nails are mostly short because I'm just hard on my hands and keeping them short is easier and less frustrating. The mani was easier than it looks! Video tutorial here. Today we are putting up some shelves in the laundry room and we're about to make a run to the Home Depot. We had tornadoes here in NC yesterday (scary! but we're ok) and today it's totally gorgeous out so I'm trying to get some larger home/garden projects done before I spend the afternoon gaming w/...
Congrats on your winnings, limabean! Work's been pretty slow so I got to spend my morning doing this:
I did not get the whiskey as dp reminded me we had just bought some yummy cider and beer and that would be plenty. We had a guy over last night to give us an energy audit but it turned out he just wanted to sell us $7K of attic insulation. And it took almost 4 hours for him to get through it. I was pissed, still am. Lost my entire night. We were supposed to game and watch Modern Family. Sales pitches really tick me off. I kept trying to find the right moment to say...
I like to wear different hair styles and colors but the constant messing with my own hair is time consuming and damaging so I'm thinking about investing in a wig or two. Anyone have any great wig 101 resources for me? I'm watching some youtube reviews but the whole thing is kind of overwhelming and I want to start at the beginning.