or Connect

Posts by emma00

Do you have any idea how your friend would respond to this type of an overture?  From my perspective - I would not be at all receptive to a friend offering to give me one of her children.  I know your intention comes from a place of compassion for your friend.  But I would feel a bit offended that a friend with no fertility problems just offers to "fix" my situation by giving me a child. 
Thanks for the explanation.  That makes sense to me now.
Forgive a somewhat ignorant question - but what would a "catastrophic failure" look like in a backless booster.  I'm certainly not advocating using expired seats - but I'm trying to understand the risk.  The risk of a traditional car seat failing is more obvious to me than a backless booster.  Doesn't a booster just act as a positioning device so that the seatbelt does its job properly? 
I think closely spaced children can work very well and I know many families with that arrangment that are doing great. However, that being said, personally I wouldn't space my kids under 2 years apart on purpose.   Obviously life happens and sometimes kids come close together than planned, but my observation of friends who had kids under 2 years apart (particularly 18mths or less) is that it is really hard and exhausting to parent a needy toddler and a needy newborn.  It...
I'm also in Ontario and red shirting is not at all common -  I'm not even sure if it's permitted in my school district.  My kids are at an independent school - so my knowledge is second hand - but the only family that know who deliberately held back all of  their children an extra year (at my kids' independent school) were forced to register them in the age appropriate grade  when they switched to a public school.  Based on what I'm reading in this thread, I think it's a...
My kids have all fallen asleep at one point or another while eating lunch / dinner in their high chairs when they were toddlers.  I wouldn't say it was an every day occurance - but it did happen to all four of my kids.  Usually it would happen it their usual sleep routine had been disrupted.  i.e. missed the afternoon nap and fell asleep while eating an early dinner at 5:30pm.  I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it was happening really frequently.  I don't know...
Car seats are regulated at the provincial level - so each province has their own set of guidelines.  You can look at this chart to what's required (by law) for each province: http://www.safekidscanada.ca/Professionals/Advocacy/Documents/26794-BoosterSeatLegislationChart.pdf  
I'm sorry you're struggling.  I have a daughter the exact same age (I remember you from our ddc) but I don't have a baby right now.  I've had that dynamic before though and it's tough to have a 2 yr old and a new baby.   My toddler is behaving in similar ways to your daughter - so I think some of what you're dealing with is developmental and some of it sounds like transition to having a new baby.  My daughter is VERY possesive right now and has trouble "sharing" me with...
I've used NFP for the past 13+ years (4 kids; 3 miscarriages) and all of my pregnancies have been 'planned' or with full knowlege that we were bending the rules and that we were open to the possibility of a baby.  My cycles tend to resume at about 6- 7 months post-partum (even with ecological breastfeeding) so I've charted quite a few cycles.  What I've learned is that if you really need to avoid pregnancy - it's best to be extrememly conservative in the pre-o period of...
Oh good - I only need to hang on for 2.5 more years.  Based my experience, I vote - trike