or Connect

Posts by keljo05

i like how further down in the article it says: Quote: Until a better vaccine is ready, WHO and U.S. CDC officials say the oral vaccine is the best available tool to eradicate polio and that when inoculation rates are nearly 100 percent it works fine. "Nigeria is almost a case study in what happens when you don't follow the recommendations," Kew said. how nice that they conveniently forget that the vaccine started this.
I can try to find it if you like, but our local paper had a story that might work with them. A 3 year old girl was good at getting out of the house. She did so one night after previously getting out and was not discovered missing till morning. Sadly it was winter and after a storm. the little girl fell asleep in a snow bank and never woke up. we live on a very busy road and have had the doornob protector on since DS started crawling. DH used to give me a hard time because...
ugh, this is where I get so tied up. DS has a toy box in his room and a wicker laundry basket of toys inthe living room. he went thru a lego stage earlier, but now is totally into his Thomas trains and cars. I've bagged up a lot into ziplocs and have them in his toy box in the bedroom. I'm thinking of thinning it out more and just having one bag. He has a huge racecar ramp set that I set up once. He took it down but doesn't play with anything other then the ramps. I'm...
thank you all for your input. I went to my il's to pick up my son the other night. FIL ignored me. MIL was pleasant and unspokenly compassionate if thats possible to the fact that I wanted to just get DS and get out. The biggest surprise was that the 5 year old niece WAS THERE. I hope they disinfected her well when she left. I said something to DH about that and he said it's just the 8 month the dr doesn't want DS around. Uh huh.. and if the 5 year old plays with DS.....
Quote: Can you offer to have him tell everyone that your son is vaccinated, but not actually vaccinate? Thats what I said but he's already apparently told them that we don't vaccinate. Which does not surprise me as he tells them any and everything about our lives as is. Quote: I'd really consider marraige counseling if my husband was that easily swayed by outside influences on our private life decisions. I've asked for...
oh you're absolutely right. There are numerous issues going on and this is just one of many. This marriage is most likely not going to last much longer. I've been screamed at for 2 days over a different situation where I'm being told my judgement in keeping our son safe was incorrect. Long story that no one save DH understands. Everyone else says I did the right thing. Plus DH will always side with his family over me. he lies to me, betrays me, accuses me, makes paranoid...
When our son was born I had done a lot to inform my husband of the risks with vaccines. Our son was given 3 hepatitis shots but then we stopped and my husband was adamant that our son would never be vaccinated again. Our son is now 2.5 and I've had a horrible evening of my husband calling me from his job about DS's non-vaccines. DH's sister has 2 daughters. a 5 year old and an 8 month old. a month ago we were at IL's house and the 8 month old was running a fever and...
Quote: I wonder if the drug companies create these so that they can 'come to the rescue' by making vaccinations...
it's funny looking back, I was adamant that we would not co-sleep. I thought it was ridiculous and over protective. Our home is small so I figured our baby would be fine from night 1 in his crib in his room. I only put the pack and play (bassinet attached) in the bedroom as DH wanted it there. first night he slept mostly in there... by day 3 i would fall asleep with him on a high, firm pillow btwn DH's and my head... 6 months later we are definite co sleepers with no plan...
When I first was bf'ing DS I noticed that unless I had a lot of water I became nauseas. Needless to say I'd wake up... take DS to change his diaper.. make a stop myself... go back to bed... nurse and back to sleep we;d go. I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night, more so than DS, lol. The benefits of cosleeping and bf'ing make the occasional mid night waking minimally invasive. It amazes people that I am rarely sleep deprived even 5 months later.