or Connect

Posts by Climbing Rose

Another former NICU mom here, and I'm sorry you're both going thru this. If you took her home and just nursed her 24/7 she might be just fine. But they don't know that. I think the NICU can be like a purgatory- just waiting and waiting... Sometimes the babies need it, sometimes I honestly think the place is just trying to avoid liability by playing it very very very safe. I would talk to the head neonatologist (not just whoever is on call) and find out the bare minimum...
My last two boys are intact, and were born at home.   My newest little guy came early, at 29 weeks.  He was born in the hospital and spent time in the NICU. It was heart-breaking, and I was not able to be there every second due to having other children at home that needed to see me too.   My baby would be about a month old now, if he had been born on his due date. As is it, he is about 3.5 months old.   I noticed last night that his foreskin very easily...
Hi Marilyn,   I am so happy to see that I can ask you this personally.   My last two boys were home water births who never left my side, and who are intact.   A few months ago I had a preemie who spent time in the NICU, and I was not able to be with him 24/7.  He was born about 3.5 months ago (at 29 weeks along), and would be a month old now if he had been born on his due date.   I noticed yesterday that his foreskin retracts enough...
My last two boys were home water births who never left my side, and who are intact.   A few months ago I had a preemie who spent time in the NICU, and I was not able to be with him 24/7.  He was born about 3.5 months ago (at 29 weeks along), and would be a month old now if he had been born on his due date.   I noticed yesterday that his foreskin retracts enough (very, very easily) that I can see half or more of the glands.    Does this mean they probably...
I have had both- natural (home water births) and epidurals.   Honestly, I prefer the epidural.  I have fast, intense births, and it has been a God-send.
I don't know if this is very useful, because it's just anecdotal, but DH and I were just talking about polio.   He told me he just found out his boss had it as a child.  I said that I thought people didn't get that anymore here, unless it was after the shot. DH said, "He *did* have the shot- That's how he got it."   That confirmed a lot of things I have read about, and made it real.
  Honestly, I think it's a matter of opinion.   I know others (even IRL) who say juicing cured their cancer, and believe it is the healthiest thing available. I think juicing is great and am not going to argue with people who cure cancer.  =)   I don't think it's worth debating here (for me anyway), as long as people are doing what's right for them.
Maybe different things just work for different people.     I will say again, that since taking Dr. Schultz SuperFoods, and using some of his others things, this is the first pregnancy I have had without morning sickness, exhaustion, etc.  It is like night and day.   Even my DH wants to take them, and before he was not into this kind of thing, but he sees the difference too.
I think the best way to do this is to take the piles of books in front of an empty book shelf (or two or three, whatever you have), and pick them up and decide what ones you really want on it. Seeing how much space you (don't) have vs the books really helps.   We got rid of a lot of books before our last move.  I sold most of them, so it felt not like a total loss.  I kept thinking 'what is the worst that can happen?  If i absolutely regret it, i can buy it...
I am sorry you are all going through this.   I have know some younger to mid-age adults who have had cancer and who have went into remission. I think getting it at a younger age (as opposed to older adults) can help with healing.   We just watched The Beautiful Truth! I don't know if you are looking for medical advice, but I would second it as an hour well spent. Also, have you heard of Dr. Schultz and the American Botanical Pharmacy? He has had great success...