or Connect

Posts by Climbing Rose

Yes.  We just moved and we left our old house with a few rolls of TP in the bathrooms, paper towels by the sinks, a hand soap, and a trash container!   Probably we are too nice, but it was going to be professionally cleaned, and a few things fixed, after we left~ and really it was just less we had to pack.   I would hate to move into a place that didn't even have TP up!  I mean, it's not something we just carry on us.  =)
Seriously, I would get a fence.  One that can be locked.  We have had issues with neighborhood children we didn't want our children around, that came in the yard anytime they felt like it (for important things like throwing all the sand out of the sandbox and into the grass, etc).   I think you should start setting boundaries that you can enforce, like a good fence and calling the police to show them you mean business.   I hope the police thing goes well with...
When my first was a tiny baby, I was sitting on my new best friend's couch.  She was a new mom too, and started to talk to me about HSing.  It had never been on my radar before at all.   That was almost 12 years ago, but what I remember coming away with was:   Was I really going to carry him, wear him, nurse him, sleep with him, listen to him, respect him as a unique person, just to decide because he turned an arbitrary age to now throw him in with a bunch of...
I switched at about 30 weeks, because of a move.   Switching that far along wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!   Getting the right answers to your questions can be everything, and if you find an awesome person, it doesn't matter that it's week 30.  =)
As for as it being legal for a certain person to attend or not~   I just want to throw out there that lay  ("uncertified" or non-legal) midwives can be great at what they do, with great statistics and thrilled families to back them up.   It's up to the parents to check into it, to get references, etc, on *anyone*- legal or not-so-legal.    But I had #2 at home with lay (so-called illegal) midwives and they were just the best, most amazing women.  I might have...
Did you follow up and make sure they got the fax, and ask if it is resolved now? Then maybe you could call the man (or his authority) and ask if it is closed then?   I don't know much about HSing in CA.  Sorry, I wish I did.   At least you got a nice, reasonable person!   Personally, I would try not to worry about it.  (Easier said than done, I know!) But do you really think he even had the authority to just take them? I mean, I live in PA (not the...
Probably about nine years ago, I posted on MDC about *huge* issues I was having with my parents starting to repeat the cycle of abuse with my toddler. I was so young and scared and didn't know how to open up to people IRL about it.  The awesome moms here gave me the strength and courage to protect my little one, and my new baby.   That led, in part, to DH and I moving out of state, and we decided to try GA.  A lot of moms here were like, "Why GA?!  Have you...
I would say just pick your hospital and doctor wisely (which I'm sure you would do). I had three at home and then went to the hospital for the last two births.  I found an *amazing* family doctor who delivered babies.  (She was actually described to me as an "old hippie.")  I just loved her.    Then the hospital I went to did not have a well-baby nursery.  It was expected that you would keep your babe with you, and they were pretty laid-back.   Of course, no...
Thanks! I suppose I will use the CAT since I want something we can just do here at home and be done with. I appreciate the help and advice!
I don't look at limiting a relationship as withdrawing love.  Sometimes limiting a relationship IS the loving thing to do.   I have experience with this, and one of the ways I explained it to my children, was to explain that the other person is making some bad decisions and is acting in ways that aren't safe.  We still love that person and will pray for them and hope they get better.  But until they change (make better choices, get better, etc) it is my job as a mom...