or Connect

Posts by krabigirl

My 3.5 yo DD started Montessori preschool three weeks ago. She attends three days a week for three hours a day. This is her first preschool experience, but prior to this, she has participated in playgroups, classes, and the Sunday school at our Unitarian church. She looks forward to going to school every day, and my husband drops her off and says she is very happy at that time. She loves playing with the other kids (this is what she tells me). When I pick her up, she...
[QUOTE=KimberlyD0;13429249]I agree and disagree with this. As I said I was in the position with DD#1 I live where BF is the norm and FF is "the devils food" I got more insults and hurtful stairs and all that while FF then I have for BF. I realize thats not the norm, but it shouldn't be the case for EITHER side. QUOTE] Just wanted to say I hear you about living in an area where FF is looked upon very disdainfully. Same thing happened to me, unable to breastfeed...
It's none of anyone's business, and the baby was not being abused. I would not say anything. If anyone had said something like that to me, while cluelessly trying to calm down my colicky DD, I think I would have gone off on them.
Me! I am planning to go back part-time. A former boss of mine has been a victim of a mass layoff, and is starting a consulting business. She wants me to help. It would only be two days a week, and I could either work from home, or bring my laptop to a cafe (I prefer the latter, as I can't get anything done at home, even with a sitter.) I have to wait until the end of the month, as RSV season will be over, but my LOs won't be in daycare..we have a sitter. I wanted to...
I said "other," since right now, during RSV season, we aren't going out much at all, since DS was born in Sept at 33 weeks. He didn't qualify for the RSV shots, but is still at a huge risk, so we only go to parks and such with my 2 yo. Otherwise, she plays in the backyard. This will change in the spring. Also, will be easier to manage DS at that time (he has been much less fussy lately and can stay awake for longer periods. But he will only sleep at home or in the car,...
It's sad, but what I find even more sad is that we live in a world consumed by so much fear.
I knew I was done after the second pregnancy because I hate being pregnant and the immediate postpartum period. Love the babies, hate the pregnancy. bleh. Also, don't want to ever have another NICU experience again. Will be happily getting my IUD placed whenever AF comes later this year.
lol, I'm sorry...but I just can't believe that mothe judge other mothers for using strollers!! LOL! Surely, you must have something else better to do with your time?
No, they haven't talked to me about the effects of Reglan. I'll ask today. I have read some bad things about it if it's taken for more than 6 months. LOL, that's funny that the rice doesn't do anything to thicken the breastmilk. So there's no point? It seems like the reglan is what is helping him, then. I know that direct bfeeding is easier than pumping/bottle feeding. I went that route with DD, so it's important that I can bfeed from the source this time. I just...
He is on Reglan for reflux. Honestly, I think that is what is helping him rather than the cereal. But like I said, I really just want him home - I won't be feeding him cereal at home, so I just want to play the game and get him OUT of there asap! If I can get them to use Simply Thick, that would be nice. Unfortunately, their policy is that they don't contact the LC or do any nursing until he takes half of his feeds by the bottle. (Their rationale is that nursing at...