or Connect

Posts by Spirit Dancer

I would try looking for info from other sources. You got some here but overall I find this board not always the most UC supportive- though it is good to get varying views. For example one thing you could try is contacting Laura Shanley and asking if she has any info/ stories of insulin dependant moms UCing. Sometimes it can be hard to find info for one side of something but I think you will find it worth do you can make your own informed decision. Whatever you do Good...
Swede- I do not wish to argue with you. Surely you can understand the problem of the so often played "dead baby" card. I truly believe every women should be able to decide for herself as she informs herself, where and with whom she wishes to give birth.   Tyler'smomma- According to this in the UK you can have a homebirth even if you have insulin dependant diabetes. Not that you live there but it can be very helpful to look at other countries policies on birth then...
Honestly I would not automatically rule out a UC. This is babe #7 - how did your other births go- was there complications form your Diabetes? Since you still have a lot of time before the birth I would really research this a TON so you can make an informed decision. And comments about "Don't you want a live baby" - just ignore them. Good luck!
  I looked into DE quite a bit awhile ago and I am convinced it is safe for human consumption (the food grade one) and can help in certain ailments. My Dh and I took it for parasite and it worked. But it is nasty stuff to take- like drinking mud. From my research a child would need to start at a teaspoon and work up to a Tbsp. Not sure how you would get them to take it but for sure worth a try. I would think that since there are so many toxins in our enviroment that...
Honestly I have found that my 5 yr is old enough to be able to understand a bit about my own obvious feelings. You need a lot of patinece for 5yrs olds as they are still very young but on the flip side if my son was doing a certain thing that was about to send me over the edge I would put a stop to it. I have found as a mother that I am doing no one in the family a favour if I act as a "martyr" in some situation that really gets to me. IN the case of the yelling...
Actually I disagree with you. :) You are an excellant canditate for a VBAC. MAny women including myself are the same build as you and give birth vaginally to even bigger babies. I say that to encourage you. Also remember each birth and baby is different. No one can say for sure why your baby did not desend (perhaps it was the induction as some babies do not get into a good position for labour until one is in labour. So being pushed into labour sometimes does not give...
Actually I think what the teacher is doing is fine. Even at 5yr old I am exposing him to  opinion vs. fact, illogical vs, logical thinking, how to sift through ideas to find sound reason and fact. One of my biggest beefs with public school is they tend to cultivate one way of looking at things. It is very good for children to learn to think outside the box. IMO, 10 yr olds more then old enough to start developing more critial thinking skills. But I do agree that the...
Mama, mama calm down! It is OK. I do not have time to post helpful solutions but ALL three years old do the things you mentioned. Most 3yrs including mine go though a time of regression where they pee their pants. Getting upset withthem does not help shorten the duration of the phase. I would just ignore it and say matter-a-factly when I noticed "Oh, you peed your pants- go change them" After a few weeks they were over it. Also almost all 3yr old experiment with lying...
Was she doing the hitting/ peeing before she started school or is it new? If it is new, I do not think it is a "discipline" issue but rather classic signs that she is seriously stressed out or that something really upsetting to her happened. I would try to get more to the bottom of why she is doing this.
My experience has been that small children (like 2 and 3) do not lie but they do have viid imaginations and can get their stories easily mixed up. Even just talking to other children can lead them to make up strories that they actually believe to be true. I would go more by: Is your child scared of the workers? ect. Good luck.