or Connect

Posts by mama to 2 girls

Thanks. Yes, I'm in the U.S. They asked me if I've had one in the last 10 yrs when they checked me into the ER and I told them no. I didn't think about it after that and the ER Dr. never brought it up.
I fell and broke my nose in two places 3 days ago, at a state park. I had some pretty good lacerations, one of which they said was like a hole at the bridge of my nose, that required one stitch. As with any nose injury my nose bled profusely for quite awhile, including the cuts especially the one that they didn't stitch. They have me on antibiotics (which I am not happy about) for a total of 6 days. With all the bleeding I did, I wasn't really worried about it but now my...
I took my ds to our ped. dentist because I noticed a blister on his gums right above his right front top tooth and they said it was abscessed and that they couldn't do a baby root canal because the root was already decaying. They showed me on the x-ray where the tooth right next to it had a root that went all the way up to a "point" and the abscessed tooth the root only went up about half way and didn't come to a point. They also want to fix the tooth next to it and put...
Could this be some kind of deficiency? I have an almost 8 yr. old little girl and I don't think her hair has grown an inch for the last couple of years. It really bothers her because she has a younger sister whose hair grows like crazy and all her girl cousins have lots of hair and they are always braiding each others hair and whatnot. Her bangs will grow but very little, I only need to trim them every few months. She eats a much better diet than her sister and even...
Hi, I'm new this whole cell salts idea but I was hoping they could help 2 of my kiddos. My 7yr old dd has very thin hair that doesn't want to grow and she has sensitive teeth and is prone to cavities. I believe from what I've read that Silica can help with the thin hair but what about her sensitive teeth, is there anything that can help in that department? Also my 3yr old ds has a cavity in between his two front top teeth. It's healed some with vit. D but I think the...
DS who is 3 1/2, started a wet cough almost 2 weeks ago almost out of nowhere....He doesn't seem to cough at night or at least he isn't coughing enough to wake me up. I am running a vaporizer at night and have him on SA and Burried Treasure's Childrens ACF. The only time his cough is a little "dry" is first thing in the morning, he will have a dry cough for the first few times and then whatever is in his chest starts breaking up.... Lately in the last couple of days he...
My parents are out in Colorado visiting my bro and SIL and their son who will be 6 mos. old tomorrow....They are taking him for his 6 mos. vaccines on Friday, which will include the Rotavirus vax. My brother told her that he already had one dose and that the dr. told him that this 2nd dose won't shed. I am FREAKED out to say the least. That being said I am a worry wort but I am so worried about my parents (whom we practically live with) bringing home the Rota...
I would expose her. I had CP at 9yrs old and while I know everyone is different, it wasn't the end of the world. Yes, it was unpleasant but not any more than any other illness. As long as she is otherwise healthy, I would expose her. 
I couldn't help but notice the young girl who was injured by the Guardasil vaccine.....Did anyone notice how many meds she was on?! I am in NO way saying that she doesn't have health issues left over from the vaccine but perhaps if she tried to find an alternative to all those medications that she wouldn't have as many health issues! It made me so sad, to see all of the medication she was taking and I have a neighbor who has RA and she takes numerous meds and some of...
I do not vaccinate at all, but that being said the one that makes me nervous is Polio. My mom lived thru a Polio outbreak when she was young and my grandma did NOT vaccinate any of her kids and my mom had 9 brothers and sisters and not one of them contracted Polio but she did say that people down the street had a teen who contracted it and died. She said all of the people that she KNEW of who got Polio, they were either permanently disabled or died. So that is the one...