or Connect

Posts by amhancock

I just posted a new thread about this same issue.  My DD is in kindy and I've been contacted by the teacher and school nurse.  I admit my anxiety over this is growing.  I do not want her to feel shameful, but the constant reminders do not seem to sink in with her.   Glad to know I'm not the only one.  I do hate how the school makes me feel something is "wrong" with her.  
I really need some help here!  My daughter has been putting her hand between her legs for some time.  She is now 5 (almost 6) in kindergarten. I have rec'd calls from the school nurse and the teacher about her doing this. They have not shaming her at school, I've asked them to quietly correct her and they've been good about doing that.  I've explained to her that this is not something to do in public. When I see her doing it I just say "hand" or "no hand" and she...
Hello- Looking for some advice here. 1st time mommy and all. My 3.5 yr old daughter likes to play games, everything from Memory to Candyland, etc. However, she always says "I want to win" and gets upset if I happen to get ahead of her, etc. I tell her the point of the game is to just enjoy time with each other- not who "wins" or finishes first. Are there other strategies to try? Since she is young, I have tried switching places with her and that seems to make her...
Hello- I was wondering if anyone knew of directions to use the wooden bendy doll forms you often find along with Waldorf doll supplies. I love the love of the Kathe Kruse dollhouse dolls- with the soft head, etc. Are the arms also covered in knit fabric? Also, how would one attach the head securely? I am also interested in making some smaller (5-7 inch) waldorf dolls (again similar to Kathe Kruse dolls) for a nature table. Would I simply size down a regular doll...
You need to get "Making Flower Children" by Sybille Adolphi-published by Floris. I believe I got my copy from the Silver Penny (silverpenny.com). You might find it on Amazon as well. Good luck!
I agree with the posters above. Additionally, I would also clue into your intuition. You just KNOW if things are right or not. My daughter would easily go to her caregivers or want to play with toys, look at books. For me, I felt more comfortable with a regulated daycare, rather than in-home. They have a schedule they stick to and welcome parents at any time. That's me though, I have friends who would rather have in-home care. If you've done the research, feel good...
Will my husband pass the Bar and get a job??? Thanks!!!
Today I told DD that I will sit next to her and rub her back or hold her hand but I will not lay down with her. I think things are particularly difficult right now since it is still light at 9PM.[/QUOTE] I am curious how your daughter did this with? I also dislike DST..even with room darkening shades, it is hard to convince little ones it is time to sleep!
First- thanks to all for replying. I have been so frustrated and felt like it is my fault. It is nice to know I am not alone in this. I have to get her up by 6:30am. She naps (very easily) at daycare from 12:30 to 2:30/3. Our commute means that we are often not home until after 5:30. Sometimes she seems tired by 6pm, but usually I haven't got dinner ready by then, as much as I wish I could. But after her bath, she seemed refreshed and ready to go! Naps on the...
I have read and been applying some of the advice in the Pantley No Cry sleep solution for Toddlers/Preschoolers book. It's been tough. My newly 3 yr old just will not settle down and relax. I have tried moving up her bedtime, but being a working mom with a longer commute...starting the routine at 6:30 isn't realistic. We read books, but then she wants to look at TONS of books, even with just the nightlight on. I use relaxing music, but she seems to tune it out. Or...