or Connect

Posts by belmont

As a therapist working with children my training has always been to favour adult words, like penis or vagina, in empowering the child against child abusers. But unfortunatly I can't remember the research that originaly led me to this- so if anyone knows perhaps they could share I have a bit of a peeve with the habit of some men, which I assume come from boyhood, in naming their penis as if it is a third person. I've heard men speak of their sexual actions as if they...
My partner and myself kept our own names, as we are in a same-sex relationship the name changing thing just wasn't an issue for us. Our son has both our names, hyphenated, because 'those in authority' need a bit of a clue in working out who he is related to I think his name sounds rather impressive and it would neat if he ended up as a poet- but he'll probably end up as a police officer and have a strange nickname instead
Something I've noticed in my work with women with eating dissorders is that they compare how they want to look with the stereotype of women, I know that isn't big news!!! But what I took from it is that it is useful for girls and women to notice what their genetic link to other women in their family is, and to get an idea of what they might look like from that. I talk about being born with a 'height potential' and also a 'body size' potential. If our relationship with...
I know Poole. As a child I lived a while fairly near to there. My family live in Oxfordshire now. Today is sunny, but we have had rain for about three weeks
Maureen, I wonder what particular part of southern england is your beautiful place? (I'll understand if you wish to not answer that, just you have raised my curiosity )
i have one on my left upper arm. It is a combination of symbols that I made into a design. The outside is a broken circle that means for me the buddhist wheel of life, and inside are three runes that mean protection, health and recovery. The runes also create a shape that is a pink and black triangle which is the symbol that was used in the nazi concentration camps for gay men and lesbians- to remind me for ever of this. It's such a part of me I forget I've not always...
Well, here is my confession Whenever I get together with a group of other mums and they talk about how their little darling can't eat wheat, or milk, or whatever I just want to scream about the collective allergy nurosis of the 21st century. But I just nod and smile politely Also, when I buy eco friendly detergent, soap and stuff I don't believe it works but I buy it out of guilt- and I don't really want the recycled toilet paper that looks like cardboard. I want the...
Any ideas on what would treat bathroom mould? Thanks