or Connect

Posts by Twinklefae

For those seats that do have LATCH, it's aimed far more at making sure the seat doesn't fly around your car in a collision if it happened to be unoccupied than as a safety feature. Read your manual, and it will tell you all you need to know. Make sure to buckle the booster whenever your daughter isn't in it.
Quote: Originally Posted by LavenderMae http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...15/6/1579?etoc "Children up to 14 years of age may be at risk for serious preventable injury when seated in front of a passenger air bag, and children 15 to 18 years of age seem to experience protective effects of air-bag presence and deployment. Age may be a better marker than height or weight for risk assessment regarding children and air bags." This is the only...
I generally have an 'everything in moderation' approach to things like the exersaucer. We had one, we use it moderately. We also had a swing and a bouncy chair. None of these things seem to have caused DS any permanent harm. Just don't leave the baby in them all the time, and I'm sure you'll be fine!
Quote: Originally Posted by liberal_chick Ok, so I can get three back there. Awesome. (Although I think it'll really suck space wise. I already feel really crowded. ) Anyway, I know a lot of car seats that say "5-40 pounds" or whatever don't really fit NBs all that well. So if we were to get 3 Radians to go across the back, does a Radian really fit a NB in a way that is ok? I still have the Graco Safeseat from ds2 and I really do prefer a bucket...
Quote: Originally Posted by bobandjess99 Trust me, you can put 3 carseats back there. NOT a nautilus or alpha omega, but you can get 3-across, and while it'll cost you, it'll be significantly less than a new vehicle. Although, if it won't put uundue pressure on your family finances,m I di highly suggest you get a minivan or 3-ro\w vehicle, because it does suck having 3 across, lol. MYM car actually has similar specs to yours, ,and my kids ride in...
We've never broken one, and I used to give them to the daycare kids with milk in them. Evenflo brand. We also have carpet and linoleum.
That's correct. Below for rf'ing, to keep the child from "ramping up" the seat in a head on collison and above for ff'ing to avoid compressing the child's spine.
Convertibles actually take up less room than a bucket seat, generally, because for an older child they can be much more upright. (Up to 30* for most seats, vs. the 45* a newborn needs) I have a truefit rf'ing behind my tall husband with no problems in a Mazda Protege. Some seats I would recommend: The Cosco Scenera The First Years/Learning Curve True Fit The Graco MyRide 65 The Evenflo Triumph Advance The Safety First Complete Air. Your goal should be to keep your LO...
As long as the middle has a lap/shoulder belt, I don't see any reason why it couldn't.
You need a convertible seat next. They look like big chairs, and have a 5 point harness inside of them just like your bucket seat. There are buckets with higher weight limits, if a bucket is important to you and you have the money to spare, because you will still need a convertible seat down the road. Some convertible seats I would recommend are: -Cosco Scenera -The First Years/Learning Curve Truefit -The Graco MyRide 65 -The Sunshine Kids Radian and -The Safety...