or Connect

Posts by wren

Oh, thank goodness I'm not alone. I was seriously beginning to wonder if I should bring ds to see a psychologist. I've since come to my senses that wanting to keep everything isn't something to be that concerned about - more of a nuisance than anything else. Thanks for the tip on how to contain and limit the stuff. I am still a little concerned that his clinginess is something to be concerned about because it doesn't seem to be limited to objects anymore. DS gets...
my 4 yo ds gets so attached to his stuff, it's uncanny. I've tried to be patient and understanding (a feat for someone who enjoys few things more than throwing away stuff). I consoled when he cried over his socks that were too small and were being donated, wailing about how he'd "miss them". it's gotten ridiculous, but today it's crossed a line. DS had a tantrum over not being able to keep an empty rice milk container. I draw a line at keeping garbage - non-negotiable...
Thanks for the boost . I know that I do better now, and that I learned well from the things I have done. And I'm so glad for the things I learned, even at the cost they came. I guess I'll assume that, between the intensity of dreams and the fact that I'm expecting another cub so soon, that I'm bound to overworry things like this. I just hope I'm not missing an important lesson in all of that aside from the ones I DID learn. In the meantime, a bit of meditation...
I had such a terrible nightmare last night. Didn't think too much about it until I tried to tell DH about it and couldn't for all the sobbing I did. It had to do with caving in and sending my DS to daycare (I have never had to do that and have been working VERY hard for over 4 years to avoid it). But, as dreams go, I took him. And it was a TERRIBLE place, but I left him anyway -- and he wasn't physically hurt when I went to pick him up (whew). I probably don't need to...
Thanks! I never thought about a drying rack. I used to dry on a line outside all the time. I never considered an alternative to a line. As luck would have it, our dryer was fixed even before I could find a clothesline, so I have a bit of time to consider my options... wren
Thanks for your replies! I checked at the Home Depot near here and I couldn't find one. I also checked Menards. I'm going to stop by another local hardware place this afternoon. Glad to know it's just my bad luck (or simply out of season) and you can still get them. I was concerned that you couldn't get them anymore. Thanks a lot wren
I've been meaning to get a clothesline for a while (our new house doesn't have one *gasp*), and my motivation kicked into high gear yesterday when our dryer stopped working. Trouble is, I can't find a place that sells them! I don't need anything fancy, just a regular pull-out clothes line. Anyone know where can I find these? wren
I can't find GSE anywhere! Where do you all find it? Also, does it have a scent? I usually use tea tree oil for around the house cleaning, but since I got pregnant, I can' t stand the smell... wren
My sister-in-law is from Thailand. She has a son who was 5 when my brother met her. She told my brother that her son would take a toy that he had been playing with that day to bed with him. My brother (thinking of the mound of stuffed animals and cars that my son chooses from to take to bed) told her that my DS did that too, and asked what kind of toys her son brought to bed. She replied, "Oh, a spoon or something like that..." Really made me evaluate the status of...
I don't think my temperment has changed drastically - I have always been pretty laid back and like to take my time, enjoy and really *look* at things (it's the artist in me, I guess). Examining rocks on the side of the road isn't such a new experience for me. BUT, if there is one thing that has changed significantly, it's that I have become more vocal about my views and more passionate about my ideals. Much more, "out of my own head" and more confident in sharing...