or Connect

Posts by dancebaraka

this is pretty snack-y but i like to keep a few items around all the time to help my eating style primalish: hard boiled eggs raw nuts & seeds dried fruits (esp goji berries) fresh fruits & pre-cut veggies raw cacao raw energy bars by this company (love their stuff, esp the live pumpkin bar i linked directly to!) i'm a super busy mama, so i prefer things i don't have to prepare extensively... but i bet other mamas have great ideas for recipes, etc. HTH
Thanks FairyRae... great site!
jarrow brand makes a great loose blend that you can mix right into the yogurt or other soft food or put in milk, etc... you can find it in the fridge section of most health food stores. hope your little one is on mend soon!
I also don't really crave carbs until late in the day... hmmmmm. Fascinating. Can someone direct me to the primal challenge info?
Quote: Originally Posted by AbbieB Get your thyroid checked. When you do make sure to ask about the numbers, not just except a "your in the normal range." I've BTDT and need to be in the low end of the range for thyroid to not experience symptoms like constipation. Unfortunately, constipation from a slow thyroid will not respond to things like water or fiber in the diet. It is common for women to experience temporary hypothyroid symptoms after a...
YES! homeopathy rocks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Savoir Faire My Facebook is mainly for close friends (and some family)...so I doubt there'd be much interest there. I have my own domain and after realizing that I can't get my theme/page to look how I want, I have someone working on it. I'm trying to make sure I have a variety of inventory....hopefully things will be up and running very soon. I also use FB for friends/familia but have added a fan page for my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move BMI is different, and it is just a starting point. The BMI may not indicate healthy weight for people with a lot of muscle. The waist measurement thing isn't just a Dr. Oz thing. It is tied to heart health and people who have waist measurements that are more than half their height do have a higher rate of heart disease. It's really a VERY reasonable goal to work toward. It is, of course, only one...
HERE some slow carb info from Tim Ferris (who does all kinda cool stuff & has a really great blog!) FYI.. I don't do such a restrictive diet as this! I eat a lot of varied foods, a lot of raw foods, traditional with tiny amounts of grains... BUT what I do take from this slow-carb style of eating is the legumes. So a typical first meal for me eggs+beans+avocado+greens+cocunut oil in a scramble... I think the legumes make it last a lot longer & b/c they are low glycemic...
Quote: Originally Posted by FairyRae Welcome dancebaraka! Are you a dancer? What kind of performance--how cool! Thanks world fusion & bellydance ~ for this show, i'm doing a lot of hip hop & fire dance... thrilling but a bit nerve-wracking too maybe we'll get some good youtube videos out of it & i can post later Also, I'm curious what y'all think about slow carbs... I wonder if your dh anudi would benefit from some slow carbs at...