or Connect

Posts by sohj

Quote: Originally Posted by CookieMonsterMommy ...And I did mention starting this in elementary school. Sorry, I didn't read closely enough. Or, I did, and then just was distracted by the "HS" references. You are absolutely right that something like this might help people who aren't respected or nurtured at home...it is just that while I would be thrilled if my tax dollars went to this instead of quite a lot of other stuff out there, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Patchfire ...who maybe can't afford a bike if they don't already have one (that's a large chunk of money, after all)... I have a bike I bought second hand for $30. It works really well. Not a 12-gear mountain bike by Trek, but just fine for pedalling around the city. Old Raleigh 3-speed. $10 per gear. I use it on my commute to construction sites a lot. Easy to park. Only can't do it if I have bulky monitoring...
Very cool, idocrase. I've seen it and nice to know who does it. (We have a few seismic people at my firm and keep up on this kind of thing. )
Let me be the first.....
Quote: Originally Posted by kerc ...I've never lived anyplace that we actually had to use them. But, your location says Duluth. And I learned to put on chains as part of my father's driving lessons to me...in Minnesota. He made me put them on blindfolded. :LOL
A Hilti?
Quote: Originally Posted by Nate You guys left me behind SO long ago... : ... We could give you lessons. It could be fun. And you can come to NYC and I'll give you tours of waste treatment plants anytime you want. We got the world's two biggest: Ward's Island and Newtown Creek. And I've worked on both of their expansion plans. (I'm so cooool.) :LOL
You'll never believe this (I didn't), but when I tried that here, I got a lot of people being very confused. I'm serious. The local VFW didn't know where I could get them unless I was getting HUNDREDS to use in making some kind of arrangements for a design contest that some group puts on every year. And I haven't seen people wearing them here in YEARS.
Quote: Originally Posted by Geofizz I squeeze rocks for a living in a way that makes CA's governator seem like a weakling. I squeeze rocks so hard I get water out of rocks and then squeeze it back in. I think that some part of this should be your signature line. : : And I ALWAYS have a couple spare eyeglass screws taped to the inside of my agenda book and my pocket knife has a very fine screwdriver inside the corkscrew. Yeah, I'm a...