or Connect

Posts by mamashauna

I used it for my infant daughter when she seemed to have trouble pooping...It worked great!
Thanks for your replies..2 more questions.. My husband doesn't know if he ever had chicken pox so last year he was vaccinated for them...Is he at risk to catch shingles through the air or saliva(sharing a cup or spoon?) he has not touched my rashes at all.. Is shingles or pre broken out chicken pox (in my dds) contagious by air at all?? I'm not sure if we should be in the same room with a 6mos old kind of fragile preemie. Thanks
Why worry about your children catching chicken pox? You didn't vax them for it so you must not think it's serious.[/QUOTE] I'm not really worried about Chicken pox, just wondering-- Do I definitely expect them to get it and when it will happen? They have both been totally exposed, though questionable as to whether or not they have touched the blisters (close to my breast) Thanks for your replies!!!!
I have shingles in my right armpit, close to but not quite on my breast. I nurse my 2 dds 6.5 mos and 3 yrs. Neither have been vaccinated for anything. I'm guessing they'll both get chicken pox? I'm doing the western med thing for the shingles... went to the doc today...it's really painful...borderline unbearable, so I'm taking the meds.. which are supposedly OK for the babies. I also stopped at the healthfood store, and got lysine, red algae, probiotics... I eat...
I have an almost three and 5 month old and am becoming increasingly frustrated and unhappy with nursing my 3 year old. We are down to nursing to wake and nursing to sleep. but the nursing to sleep, when she doesn't fall immediately asleep drives me crazy... as does the nursing to wake... I ahve allowed her to get up and watch sesame street when she wakes up in the am, but tonight had to just get out of bed.. she followed me around crying as i looked on line and started...
Quote: Originally Posted by kavitha she is black, and will probably be treated that way in the US she is definitely not white. i would put black---or if you are really uncomfortable about that, you could put biracial I have an issue with this one... I am white, my girls' father is African. I think they are just as much white as black... I want them to embrace their Ashanti culture... however I believe that they should be able to choose...
Does anyone know anything about the safety or dangers of flying in early pregnancy? I have recently found out that I am pregnant (5 weeks since conception) and have a flight scheduled next week to Hawaii. Looking forward to the trip, but don't want to expose my baby to radiation. Does anyone know anything about this? I wasn't even sure where to post this question! Shauna mama: to DD 22 mos
Hello, I have a couple questions for anyone who might know... My 19mo old has 4 cavities in her front teeth. She nurses a lot ( probably about%50 of her calories from breast milk... give or take) . We eat very healthily... lots of salmon and halibut, and fresh organic veggies and fruits. I'm trying to stave these cavities off... I take cod live oil.. Should she also? Then should we both take factor x, and should it be mixed?( x+CLO?) Also does anynone know about...
HI, I DON'T THINK YOU MENTIONED THIS BUT SOMEWHERE HERE I READ ABOUT PROBIOTICS HELPING. SO I WENT OUT AND GOT SOME ACIDOPHILUS. NOW WITH A LITTLE WEB RESEARCH I HAVE READ ThaT L acidophilus is a major cause of cavities... Does anyone know about this? My 19 month old dd has 4 cavities in her front teeth, and probably gets %40-%70 of her calories from breastmilk. We also eat super healthily.. LOTS of wild fish, all organic farmers market foods... The...