or Connect

Posts by BellaMay

I've been sleeping with our three kids (individually, in their beds when they are young), while my husband sleeps on his own in our big bed. This started with our oldest, who is eight. I also have a six year old, and a three year old who have their own rooms. The three year old is probably ready to sleep alone.    My husband has been really clear lately that this arrangement needs to end soon. He misses me, and I miss him -- but I find it really difficult to fall...
I'm finally seriously considering my leap into midwifery training. I find myself in NYS, however, with their strange WPA's and CM licensing laws. My question: can I study at a MEAC school, become a CPM, then take the ACNM exam to get my CM license to practice in NYS? I am reluctant to go through a three year program to acquire a CM license which is not recognizes in any other state besides NY and NJ. I'd rather the relative flexability of a CPM, I think, since I'm...
One of the main reasons I haven't had a sitter over for our three little ones is the whole question of bedtime. I have two older children who go to bed around 8pm, but my 16mo old stays up with me while I clean up the kitchen, etc. until around 9:30pm, and then I nurse her to sleep in my bed, then finish up nighttime stuff before I go to bed. How to handle this routine with a sitter? I can't ask her to lie down with her in our bed...should I just say keep the babe up...
Hi all! Sorry in advance if this seems like a stupid question... I am exclusively breastfeeding my four-month old, and am just ravenous always. Which really sucks because I'm trying to lose weight. Am I malnourished? I know that I should cut back on calories to lose the pounds, but I just feel totally unable to stop myself from eating All The Time. The few days I was successful in cutting back, my mood and energy just plummeted. Severely. I have a history of PPD...
Is it hot where you are? We're in the middle of a heat wave, and I so don't want anything heavy and "proteiny" Just a thought. Try eating something later in the evening, after it cools down a bit...
My first two were 18months apart, and I would highly recommend setting up the second bedroom with a full sized or queen sized bed, so that there is refuge for ANYONE who'd like a bit of peace in the night. I would use the second bed with the babe sometimes, my husband would sometimes move in there (alone or with my older ds) and eventually it was a good place to transition my ds to when he was a bit bigger and ready to sleep on his own (naps or night). I've always found...
I had a period during my first month of pregnancy with my first...
I'm using the small sandies with my newborn now, and they stay below the cord just fine if snapped loosely on the top. The fit of the smalls is just fine on my nine-pounder, so I'd think twice about getting a whole set of x-smalls for just the few weeks you'd need them. The terry catches pretty much all the action...
I have an eighteen-month old who flips out whenever our new baby cries. Granted, it's only been four days, but it has really impacted our days and nights (separate beds for the first time ever, mama stress whenever baby wakes up) I really feel badly for him, and with all the extra postpartum hormones the guilt is really getting to me. Basically he starts to run back and forth, and scrambles to get onto my lap (which is full of baby so I often have to hold him off ...
When is it appropriate to begin teaching these manners to a young one? Dh and I model this behavior all the time for our 16 month old, but I haven't started requesting these words from him yet. He's very verbal, and has quite a demanding "Up!" and "More!", which works extremely well for him so far I may be a bit of a stickler for the use of kind words, especially after teaching 4-5 year olds for six years...rudeness at that age is pretty apparent. Not...