or Connect

Posts by tbone

I'm really hoping someone can help me out here.  I know that several years back there were a few of us that had Dr. Ente for our pediatricians.  We moved to Va back in 2009.  Our son's new doc never asked for the records and honestly I simply didn't think about transferring them at the time (stupid I know).  We now need the records (new place, new doc that does need them due to medical issues) and I can't locate a phone number or address for Dr. Ente.    I know he...
Wow, I wish our school system had a Jr. K or 2 yr K program!    There are some private schools around here that offer this option but they are very expensive.  I spoke with the registrar at our local school today and she said that they generally do not allow 2 years of K unless the child is very far behind, but that "that doesn't really happen because they always make sure they're kids are ready to move to the next grade".  She said parents have the option of just...
Hi everyone, I'm a total new mom to public school.  I homeschooled my oldest for 2 yrs and he will now be starting at the PS and my youngest is old enough for Kindergarten but I'm having reservations about sending him.   He makes the cutoff by only 10 days, he's small for his age, and he's kind of immature (being the baby of the family and all).  K is full day here.  I'd really like for both of my kids to go to the same school and at least have the comfort of knowing...
Ds4 has had 2 polio vaccines over a year ago.  Do you all know if it would be likely for him to have a positive titer?  If so, I'd like to skip the third.  I don't want him to not be completely unprotected as we do travel to areas that still have polio problems.  He scheduled for his annual physical this week and I'm sure the topic will come up with his doc.   Thanks!    
Thanks for keeping me level headed with this!     I haven't read anything about the mixing of thimerosal and aluminum together.  Why is the combo of lower doses of both worse then a larger dose of aluminum?  I would prefer to avoid both, but I thought that too much of one would be worse.  I don't have any research to back that up though, it was just my thoughts.
I was leaning more towards the Tripedia brand because it has half the amount of aluminum as Daptacel.  Although I'd prefer just the DT either way if the doc can get it.     I agree the chances of tetanus are very low, but I just get so worried.  He's a very active 4yr old and is constantly (talking daily here) getting cuts, scrapes, etc.  He has an 7 yr old brother and they are always getting into something!    After he stepped on this screw, I cleaned it and...
My 4 yr old ds has one DT shot about 1 1/2 yrs ago.  Yesterday, he stepped on an old screw that was sticking out of a chalkboard I picked up at a yard sale. :(   His current doc doesn't have the DT on hand only Daptacel.  I'm okay with even getting a DtaP but only Tripedia which they don't have.    I've given him Ledum and cleaned the wound with Hydrogen Peroxide.  I'm just worried because it was a puncture wound and didn't bleed much.   Does anyone know how...
Dh works in the the healthcare field and just started with a new hospital.  His measles titers came back with negative results and they are requiring him to get the measles vax.  The problem is that it is a live virus and ds4 is not vaxed for this.     Does anyone know if there is any other measles vax he could take?  I've been wanting to find a separate vax for ds4 too as there was an outbreak really close to here just recently.   How long would he need to stay...
You only need to supply the NOI.     This site may have more info for you. http://www.vahomeschoolers.org/
My son went to Brenda Stephens at Albermarle Therapy Center.  She was wonderful to work with and was great with my sensory (seeking) boy.