or Connect

Posts by katydid317

I've been trying to lose weight while TTC which I don't know if that's a great idea, but at this point the main goal is to improve my overall health. I've been going through IVF cycles since November and it's made me gain weight from the rollercoaster of being on and off hormones. It's hard to stay motivated knowing that I'm going to be pregnant soon (eventually *sigh*)
When DF and I first started dating I got asked by ALL of my family and friends if I was sure I knew what I was getting into. DF has 3 kids, his 10 year old son lives with us and his 3 and 4 year old daughter visit occaisionally. Of course I didn't "know" what I was getting in to, what I knew was that I loved this man and that the rest we will have to work at. The other difficult part for me was that my DF has already had a vasectomy. In a few years we are planning to...
Quote: Originally Posted by bandgeek This isn't a typical situation and I'd like real answers, not your standard reply to every other person who comes in this forum in this situation. Surely I'm not the first who sought love after a bitter, unhappy, loveless, and abusive marriage? Of course not. You deserve to have someone in your life who cares for you and your DD and can be there to support you. This is a difficult place for anyone to be...
I put so much more effort into my appearance when I'm single, partly because I feel like I have the time! Then I just feel good about myself. In my last relationship I stopped dyeing my hair and gained a bunch of weight. Since I've been single I got my hair cut, started dyeing it again, wear some make up, AND I've lost weight - because now I walk to work and don't eat junk food every night or eat massive man-sized dinner portions. Part of it make me think I was just in a...
I love love LOVE living alone. You get to make all the choices, nobody else makes messes or moves your stuff around. You don't have to accomodate anyone. You can go out or invite someone over when you want company but when you want to be alone it's just that easy. I think it may have to do with being a bit oblivious, and because I've never had my place broken into, but I just am not afraid living alone. It helps that I'd always lived having friends and my parents as...
I think there are good guys on online dating, but there are losers too. It's the same as anywhere. Lots of people feel they are too busy. or don't go to the right places to meet people and so they try online dating. I've met a few really nice ones. Heck, I moved in with one. The relationship didn't end because it started online though. I think it's a legitimate way to meet people. Just be careful and always do public places at first.
It's a hard decision to make, but a temp separation would probably good just to give you some time to think and plan without him around. I did that at first with my ex and it made things easier. I have always been pretty happy that I left. Life has been easier without him and I have been happy so it was worth it. I felt a little bad for my son at first, but he is better off for at least having one emotionally healthy parent.
I am still living with my ex and we are pretending we are still a family. The kids don't know, we still act like we're together, even still sleeping together, but I am trying to save up to move out. It feels good sometimes, but it's messed up. I am upset because I really thought he was the one, but he is so clearly not. And it hurts still. I want to just move out and start dating again, but I know I should take some time to heal. I was happy being single before and I'll...
A social network is definitely very important when you're feeling that way, even if you kind of have to force yourself to stay in touch. A journal is helpful too. I don't really have great advice because when I start to feel that way I just try to power through and make sure I keep talking to my friends and my mom and just ride it out. I always feel like so long as I recognize what's happening and keep trying to keep my head above water, I'll be ok. I'm sort of in that...
I would. And some days I think about doing it sort of soonish. But financially it would be unwise for me. I got so little support with my first baby and I was even married at that point, and I have been doing it alone for most of his life, so it doesn't even seem strange to me at all to intentionally have a baby when you're single. I'd rather be able to plan my life based on myself, because I can't plan on having a man around but I can plan on what I'm going to do for myself.