or Connect

Posts by mama k nj

Another idea is a sip-n-see after baby is born if you are up to it.  That is another way to take the focus off the gifts and put it on the new baby excitement.
I had a couple traditional showers with my first.  For my second, my friends did a nice "blessingway"  The guests were instructed to bring a freezer meal for us instead of gifts.  Oh and a bead to add to a necklace.  It was a sweet and intimate time with close friends and family.  I liked how the focus wasn't on gifts at all.  For my third, my fellow LLL leaders just did a little bbq and gave me some freezer meals.  There are only 4 of us so it wasn't a big thing, but...
I've made the yoked cardi, angel wings and milo before... love clara and have had it in my que for a long time.  I am going to friend you on Rav. :)   I wish I was faster with knitting.  I have good intentions but the internet distracts me when I have down time.  :/
I'm a knitter and crocheter!  I am currently working on a knit vest/dress type thing for baby girl (18mo).  Will probably start on some longies and soakers once I find out the gender for this baby.  :)
Hello everyone!  I'm new to the group.  I'm due 8/9-ish.  I always go a few days past my EDD... but last one was 16 days past her due date!
Liked both FB pages. :)
Took the evaluation and DS1 scored high on Logical-Mathematical and Intrapersonal.  Spatial learning was a close second.  Interesting!
Thanks everyone for your responses!  Just thought I'd update that my baby girl was born on 7/23 at 3:08pm at home and in the water with my husband, doula and two wonderful midwives in attendance.  She was healthy, perfect and even a little smaller than my last baby at 8lb 12oz and 22" She was 16 days past her EDD and other than some wrinkly hands and feet and lack of vernix, you wouldn't know she was a little late. :)
(((hugs))   Totally the same boat over here.. My boys were 40+2 and 40+3 so being almost 42 is throwing me for a loop.  I think I'm going to take a social media break this weekend and shut my phone off.     Meanwhile I am having the same annoying contrax that seem to show up every afternoon/evening the past couple days and then just stop when I go to bed.  ugh.
I know what you mean.  The comments are hard as everyone seems very anxious about me having this baby.  Plus everyone on my due date club seems to be "beating" me to the finish line.  Also, I am a little puzzled as to why my pregnancy is longer this time than previously.  Trying to remain positive and hopeful but it's getting harder each day.     PS I have a Wes too. :)