or Connect

Posts by MyLittleWarrior

I used her tutorial for making the companion doll.  I used a thrifted sweatshirt in a nice skin tone.  It had the perfect amount of stretch, and was really soft.
Another Columbus mama here.  The babywearing meeting is Dec. 1st (first Wed. of every month) at 10:30 at Sprout Soup on high street in Clintonville.  I'll be there.  There is usually a pretty good turn out, although it may be a little small due to the holidays.
Yep, after the scald cool it down to about 110* before adding the culture.  Also, I have a gas oven and range, and the pilot light in my oven keeps it at the perfect temp, so I just culture my yogurt in the off oven with the door closed.  I've heard of people with electric ovens leaving the oven light on for warmth and culturing yogurt that way.  Some people use a water bath in the crock pot, but this also requires frequent temp checks.  I've had good luck wrapping my...
did you add anything to the chocolate before you dipped your candies? If you added any kind of oil or butter, the chocolate will be more melty. Depending on how much you added, you may be able to have them at room temp and they'll just melt a little faster in your fingers, or you may not be able to pick them up at all. If all you did was melt chocolate chips, dip your candies and refrigerate, you should be good to go as far as the chocolate melting. I don't know how...
My favorite veggie right now is roasted green beans. I am very anti-veggie (I know how good they are for you, but I've had issues w/veggies since childhood) and I will eat these like french fries! I get organic whole frozen green beans. Straight from the freezer to the pan, coat w/ a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven on 400* for 20-30 minutes, stirring after 10, then every 5 or so until they are getting crispy. I like...
My kids take the cinnamon tingle FCLO. I got them the gummy fish, but they won't eat them. I tried them and the flavor isn't too bad, but the texture is really awful. So when presented with the choice, they both chose the liquid (they're 3 and 5) They each get 1/2 tsp. WAPF website reccomends 1/2 tsp for kids age 3-12, and 1 tsp for kids 12+ and adults, and 2 tsp for pregnant and nursing women. I haven't been giving any to my dd, who is 9 months. I figure she gets...
My favorite use for bacon grease is roasting a chicken or turkey. I put about 1/2 Tbsp under the skin on each side of the chicken breast, and then liberally grease up the rest of the skin on the chicken. A little salt and pepper over the top, and into the oven. It's so easy, and I get perfect crispy golden brown skin and juicy breast meat every time.
i'm not sure where you are, but that sounds a lot like a stomach virus tha was going around my area. terrible gas/cramping/diarhea, bot otherwise not feeling sick. it was running its course in 7-10 days in my area. it affected raw milk drinkers and regular milk drinkers alike. nak
lol, I'm either eating completely on plan, or completely off plan. On plan looks like about 100gm/day. So like a pp, if I'm eating too many carbs, I'm also making too much milk. I've never had a dip that led me to believe that I wasn't producing enough. I'm just much more comfortable when I'm low carb. Maybe the lower carb thing just helps to regulate better in either direction? Unlike Purple Sage, my oversupply has gotten worse w/each child. I only nursed my...
Quote: Originally Posted by FairyRae The gift you are giving that family is so immense, no words can describe how wonderful it is. I had a mama pumping for me when ds was an infant when I had supply issues, so I *know* how precious it is. You rock MLW!!! Thanks. I feel very blessed to have extra to share.