or Connect

Posts by Papooses

* EDD: April 24th 2011 * Name: Tiff * Age: 30 * Location: Southern Tier & Finger Lakes regions NY * How long it took to you to get your BFP: I used both 1st Response sticks at once, the morning my period was due - they were both positive before I had time to put the caps on! * What number child is this for you: 2 * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Travis (25) & Leila (8.5) * Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): we keep thinking & saying "he"... *...
I'm Tiff (30), mom to Leila (8). Leila's dad is a trainwreck (recovering? pshhh) alcoholic who hasn't called his daughter in months. My boyfriend Travis (25) wants to adopt Leila, but we haven't talked to her or anyone else about that. This is his 1st baby & he's real excited, having nervous dreams already & has a boy name picked out -- we both keep thinking "he", with Leila I always thought "she" (we're gonna find out which this time, I wanted Leila to be a surprise). ...
Charlotte's Web
You could go undercover . . . schedule a seatcheck, bringing a toddler who could FF but who should (obviously) be RF.... If he advizes you to turn said toddler FF, complain to the state coordinator (in charge of making sure all CPSTs are teaching *safest* practice. If you're interested, PM me & I'll send you the contact info.
Quote: Originally Posted by NicaG There are also a lot of helpful suggestions and real-world (but still safe) advice here: http://www.thecarseatlady.com/taxis/using_taxis.html 2 tips in there to remember are to call ahead to request a van instead of a sedan & leave the doors open while installing the carseats (too often drivers enter the flow of traffic before anyone is buckled. Bluntly stated, there simply is NO adequate rationale for not...
It is allowed to turn babies forward at 12 months AND (not or) 20 pounds, but it is *not* wise > http://www.joelsjourney.org/ RF is 5 times safer than FF ... until at least 2 yrs old . . . best practice means keeping toddlers/preschoolers RF until reaching the maximum RF size limits. Turning a kid FF only seems to "cure" unhappiness merely because it's new & unexpected for them. However, most adults & older kids able to communicate clearly enough to explain that...
A newborn in a RF 5 point harness is the most protected person in the vehicle. The "best" place to install the carseat is any backseat location that you can most easily install correctly. If you can install the carseat securely in every backseat location, then the center is the safest. If you cannot install the carseat in the center correctly with the seatbelt you could call the vehicle manufacturer customer service to ask about using the inner LATCH anchors from both...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla Meatballs and gluten-free pasta I bought some rice noodles (the only GF pasta I could find) & the texture was really odd, bouncy/stretchy. Kinda grossed us both out Someone locally suggested I make our own noodles. Ha! Um, no, not happening, sorry. When I'm not home, I'm in class & when I am home, I'm multitasking the house chores with a textbook in hand. I'm not up for the totally from scratch...
Babies cry & want to be held. Everywhere else on earth I support mother's holding their infants in arms 1000% But NOT EVER in a moving vehicle. Inside of a moving vehicle is the only time that I say baby's cries just happen. That's it. Either you pull over to hold baby while the car is in park, or you realize that it *is* good enough that baby has merely the presence of your face, finger touch & comforting voice. There just isn't another alternative. Unless you're...
Thanks, Kathy Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 curried chickpeas Hm, I doubt she'd like the curried part, but we have enjoyed a different kind of chickpea salad Quote: hot buckwheat cereal tried it, she hated it, sticking with gluton free oats Quote: puffed millet cereal she hated that, too, but likes puffed rice Quote: coconut milk yogurt this she likes &...