or Connect

Posts by jkwatkins

Just Pray! Pray hard! God will give you His wisdom. It is perfect. He will give you the strength to love your husband for who he is not what you want him to be. Love him for who he is, praise him for the good things he does do. Teach your son to love his dad too. Pefect love casts out all fear. It is so easy to be negative. Seems like we can find so many faults about those we love. I challenge you to think of all the things and ways that your husband...
Uggh! I am a former teacher! Sorry to hear about your dd's school experience. To be honest with you most teachers don't realize the damage they are doing by giving out so much candy. Teachers do have to use a classroom management system and many of them use the rewards system. It also depends on each individual teacher. Sorry your dd was exposed to Pokemon. I am suprised the school allowed that. I would encourage you to talk not only with the principal but also...
I can relate. My children are almost 2yrs apart and it seems that my dd loves to be right in the middle of ds' train track or puzzle. I have taught my ds to let me handle the situation, he likes to handle it on his own by knocking dd out of the way. I try to have her play with things that are similar to his but just much less difficulty. When he's playing with his puzzles I get out the puzzles he's played with as a toddler. That way dd is doing the same thing as him. ...
Thanks Clover!
Questions from Sheila Kitzinger's book, Homebirth.How long has she been a midwife? Why did she become a midwife? What was her training? How many mothers has she delivered, and of these how many were homebirths or not in a large hospital? Does she work with other midwives? If she works alone, what happens if two women she has booked are in labor at the same time? If she works with other midwives, will you be able to meet them? What is her backup system? Does she work...
We're pregnant with #3 We're due May 8th. My ds and dd are very excited. Baby's been kicking alot. Their entertainment has been to watch my belly.
Cloverlove, I was just sharing from a book not personal experience with pertusis. The herbalist reccommended several herbs in her response to the personal story. And the child that got pertusis first was the one that had the most difficult time getting over the whooping cough. The mom in the story waited a month before taking her dd to the doctor for a culture. When I hear of children overcoming pertusis it just encourages me to stick to my personal beliefs on...
The book by Dr Mendolson is excellent. How to raise a Healthy Child inspite of your Doctor will answer alot of your questions. Another book I like is called Mommy Diagnostics by herbalist Shonda Parker. She tells the personal story of a mom who's dd got pertusis and what she did to treat it. Knowing that this disease is treatable helped me in my personal decision to not vaccinate. In the personal story, all of the children ended up getting pertusis but were treated...
Somehow my post got posted twice so I thought I'd also encourage you to keep nursing your dd. Make sure you are drinking enough water during this time. I have found that when my kids have been sick, they much rather nurse than eat anything. It will not hurt her to go without food. It may help her get through it faster. Don't worry about her losing any weight either. Kids make it up after they are sick. Trust me!!
I found something that works great for diarehea. You can buy it from your healthfood store. You can even purchase it at the vitamin shop. It's made by Boiron. It's a homeopathic remedy for flu and diarehea symptoms and has worked well with my children. It's called Oscillococcinum. I lower the dosage for my children. I have used it for my ds and dd when they were at the 1 yr old age. It comes in small tubes and the tubes are filled with very small pebble sized...