or Connect

Posts by mrsteapot

YEA!!!!! I'm so happy for you, and she is beautiful 
Okay, I tried really hard to resist, but I just can't! I'd have said "Oh yeah! I have a great merlot and several stouts all ready to go."   
I'm so sorry.     
Many years ago I was told that the trick to pronouncing Greek was to actually pronounce each letter. So to me it would be Er-ee-icks. Which I think sounds pretty cool. BUT I could be totally wrong, and being as I'm the only one to think of it that way, I'd take it with a grain of salt. ;)  
I know what you mean about how you feel. I'm 43, this one was a surprise to us as well. But he is our 6th, and the last one I was 40 with. There really is a difference. My energy is very low, and I really "feel" the discomforts a lot more than I did with dd2. I agree with stopping the math. I had to tell my DH to stop doing the math (he had figured out all of it, how many years we will have had kids in the house, how old we will both be, odds of having grandkids before...
Ha Ha, Bluebutterfly, that is so funny. I love that people look on your outward appearance and make decisions that are not accurate. With my youngest ds, dh and I were laughing and talking and calm, (as opposed to the woman next door that was screaming her head off) so the nurses kept peeking in and saying, "you're too happy, so nothing is happening" then dh ended up catching him. LOL, I've never seen a room fill with so many people so fast in my life. My poor Dr was...
Awe, big hug! You are going to do fine. Self doubt is fine. I still remember clearly sitting in the car with DH on the way home from one of my last midwife appts with my second and saying "Birth hurts! I don't want to do it again." and him saying, ever so helpfully, "It's a little late for that now." Ha Ha...   Truthfully, esp the first time, it does hurt. Mostly I think cause it is all new, and it is unknown. BUT, you can help. Learning as much as you can about the...
That is exactly the reservation! LOL, "Hi I'm Carol", yeah.......  The funny thing is that when we mentioned it to my mom, she instantly asked about the double r double l spelling. So clearly it was relatively common where she grew up. Sadly, that is not where we live :) ETA common as a boys' name.
We are considering Cearul, which is pronounced like Carol. DH loves the meaning and is very drawn to the name, but worries about the fact that Carol is a girls name. Even though Cearul,(and Carroll, which is an alternate spelling) is/are boy names. He says he would feel a bit like he was naming him Sue, a'la Johnny Cash. It is an Irish name, which I love, I'm a first generation American, my parents came over from Ireland, but none of our kids have even remotely Irish...
I really feel for you. We are in a similar spot. We will be moving about a month after this baby is due. Or 2 weeks after, if he holds to his brothers and sisters pattern of coming 10 days late. :)  Sarah has good advice, there are lots of things you can do to prepare and "nest" even if you aren't in your "tree". We moved when my current youngest ds was about 2 months. I had everything prepared just as if we were staying put. I did as you are doing and did some packing...