or Connect

Posts by Nodtveidt

Just wanted to give a minor update. Luna's been nursing for awhile now, but we've still been fighting with the effects of the antibiotics she was forced to endure during her hospital stay. Yes, it's now been 8 weeks and until the other day, there was no sign of improvement. However, my wife began a probiotic treatment a few days ago. Today, she noticed that Luna's poops are starting to smell "normal" rather than horrible...the same "buttered popcorn" smell that Rhianna's...
To hell with discretion. People need to get their heads out of the gutters anyways. My wife NIPs all the time and never bothers to cover up whatsoever. The other day, we were sitting down in one of the many malls we go to every week, and Luna was hungry. So, out came the boob for a snack. During said time, Luna detached and left her mommy "exposed" for a good 30 seconds. Don't know and don't care if anyone saw it.
The picture is not "real" (as in, she's not actually feeding the calf), but it just goes to show how ridiculous other people are. There is absolutely nothing provocative about breastfeeding. People who think it's provocative make me sick.
I would also like to point out that this story came off the wire at Reuters, second only to the Associated Press for bias in favor of big pharma, and was edited my Michael Kahn, someone I've been watching for years write shady articles of his own and edit otherwise normal articles to cast a negative light. So the credibility of the article in and of itself is in question here too. Oh! And speaking of the AP...the second article, the one that brings up homeschooling, comes...
I would like to point out a couple of issues here that no one seems to have discussed yet (or have only mentioned briefly in passing) for whatever reason. I address these issues to both pro-vax and anti-vax people. Never forget that the definitions of the disease tends to change upon the introduction of its corresponding vaccine. This is how "Polio was wiped out by the vaccine!"...the definition of Polio was modified after the vaccine was introduced, making it appear like...
It is against my cultural beliefs to cut my hair. But I've heard of other people who have done this and have had good "transactions".
Our first daughter was born in the hospital. I was not allowed to be with my wife during her labor. The nurse who was "attending" her kept telling her to "shut up!". If I had known about this, I would have had quite a few words with her...well that is, if she would have been able to understand me (I didn't speak a lot of Spanish back then). But the real knucklehead was me...I used to always ask my wife is she's ok whenever she was having problems (she had pain often and I...
We only eat the Mom's Best brand of cereal, which is safe.
If I was the director of that place, I'd kick that girl out faster than her text message could be sent. That is SO inappropriate and wrong on so many levels that it hurts.
I don't have a son yet (two girls so far, we're going to try for a son next and my wife hopes he looks like her!), but when I do, the most important lessons I feel he needs to learn are how to be a respectful, honest man but knowing when to defend yourself regardless of who's on the other side. Gender does not play a role when it comes to agression, and all too often I see parents teaching their daughters to exploit the fact that they're female to hurt boys. I will never,...