or Connect

Posts by mainesax

My DH started his Masters program last fall, and his student loan company put him in deferment automatically, and he's only taking one course at a time (3 credit hours)... not sure if it's because he's enrolled in a degree program, though.
I had someone from the state DEP come to speak to my students and do some energy workshops, and we played with some LED christmas lights. I only saw them plugged in on a table, not on a tree, but they looked great to me! And we were amazed at the difference in energy use. We were hooking things up to a power meter (like what's on the exterior of homes) and seeing how many kwh things were using. I couldn't believe how huge the difference is... I am on the hunt for the...
I drank RRL tea three times a day from the 2nd trimester on. I used the commercially available bags in my grocery store. I then did double strength tea once I got to 38 weeks. My docs and mws were supportive, even encouraging in using it. I didn't get my vbac in the end, but not because of weak labor. The docs said my uterus was "really buff"
An update - One of the friends (that ironically is a vbac with a couple of vag. births after her c/s) went into labor on her own, 2 days before her edd. She left for the hospital at 1 and had the baby before 4. Haven't heard a specific birth story yet, but know that everyone is home and healthy. Second friend went in today to be induced at 39w, because she feels like it, and her doctor said it was ok. She reported to the hospital at 6am, and I haven't heard anything...
I have noticed this season's episodes are much more balanced. Maybe all the letter writing paid off?
I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone in feeling like this. I have worked through a lot of my issues, but this last bit is really sticky for some reason... One of these ladies also had an emergency c/s with one of her babies and really doesn't want another c/s. She has had two vbacs, no problems, no questions asked. They gave her Pit to help her 'weak labor' and she was fine. This one isn't as bad. She's 38w3d now, and is talking about walking, dtd, so on. Fine. But...
Lots of hugs to you - I know the slow start up can be so annoying! I had something very similar, where I thought things were going to pick up, then they would taper, then build, etc. It was a good week of gradual building until things really went into gear at 41w5d. I truly believe that the uterus knows that it's scarred. Being around here and other places talking to vbac'ers, it seems like a lot of us have a slow gentle early labor. It's like our bodies know...
I have a couple of dear friends who are expecting and whose EDDs are mid to late November. I'm getting so frustrated and upset with their attitudes. I had a c/s with my first for failed (medically necessary)induction/failure to wait, and worked my tail off to have a vbac attempt with #2 that ended in c/s as well. This second time I tried to do everything "right" to ensure my best possible chances of success, but still didn't get there. I'm so disappointed and...
It's great to have that on a mainstream show! Don't ask me where, but I read somewhere that in their divorce papers Denise Richards (Sheen's ex) said she had been bf'ing their first child, and that when Sheen found out she had stopped he got very angry, and said that he thought that formula would cause their daughter to get brain damange and cause her to become mentally retarded. She also said he flipped out when she took the baby to get vax'd. So sounds like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Indysay I'm reading the greatest book - Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Child Birth.... Check that book out. It's amazing, inspiring, and has done a lot for my faith in my body's ability to birth a child. Go for it! Cindy I've almost read the cover off my copy! I actually had a dream that I delivered at the Farm once... I'm also obsessed with reading "Baby Catcher" by Peggy Vincent.