or Connect

Posts by clintonhillmama

this is a red flag for me, too - 20% seems high, although i have no idea what my MW's stats are. also, "too pooped to go on" and transferring for an epi seems like a very non-HB approach to things. your mw should be helping you from becoming exhausted, and pain meds are not usually a cause for transfer. a huge part of exhaustion is dehydration. my doula and MW were making me drink fluids after every single contraction, which i think was crucial in how i felt during and...
after reading stuff like that, i'm glad i have a place like MDC where i can talk about HB and other "radical" topics with like minded people.
could just be dry skin build-up - dd had this, and it went away with some lotion after bath time.
my dd loves the boob, which is nice, but it seems the ONLY way that i can comfort her is by nursing. lately, she's been really hard to get down for naps. i nurse her down, and when she's asleep, i unlatch her...and she starts to scream like a banshee. i try to rock, shush, sing, etc, but nothing works. she can't be starving since she's eating food and still nurses at least 6 times during the day. when i put her back on the boob, she sucks for a minute, then falls...
most condos have guidelines for "noise" in the house rules - 80% of floors covered with carpet/rugs, loud noises not allowed after 10 pm until 7 am, etc. i would find a copy of these rules for your condo, make a copy for her, and explain to her that your following the rules, and doing everything that you can to keep the noise down....but there are times that it will be a little noisy. as long as you're within the rules, there's nothing she can do. then i would check...
i just emerged from the f train on 23rd street and 6th ave in nyc when the first plane hit. everyone was standing there, looking down 6th ave, where we had a clear view of the tower. i asked someone what happened, and he told me a plane had just hit the WTC. i assumed it was an accident with a non-professional pilot, and never dreamed it was a commercial plane with terrorists on board. my cell phone rang, it was my mom calling to make sure i was ok. i ran to my work...
we've also been struck by the stomach bug, which poor dd got first, and got over it last. it was pretty hideous in this house - one by one, each of us got sick, and i pretty much got puked on everyday for a week (whilst feeling like i was going to puke myself, joy!). ds got it last, puked the most, and recovered the quickest. but dd didn't eat any food for at least 10 days, and her poop reverted to EBF poop, and she was blowing out of every diaper we had - even a...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoGoGirl We're taking a childbirth education class for people having homebirths. A lot of our classmates are using Kristin or Marcy, and they just rave about them. I'd really recommend the class by the way, here's the website if you're interested. just wanted to add that natashia was our doula - and she's also really wonderful - very calming, knowledgeable and reassuring! our photos on on her website
Would you let your toddler wear bedroom slippers to the farmer's market? Would you let your toddler wear sneakers to bed, if she insisted? Would you allow a 4 year old to wear really badly mismatched clothes to preschool? I answered yes to these, since I've long given up on clothing struggles. My 3.5 ds wears shorts (with leggings underneath now that it's winter), hates wearing a coat, and now I leave it up to him. I do bring his coat with us when it's cold in case he...
miriam schwarzchild was my midwife for my dd's vbac, and i LOVE her. she's very hands off, does home prenatals, has loads of experience, and i felt she was very warm and relatable. she left all of the testing up to me, except gestational diabetes and group b strep - i think most midwives require these. i had a 20 wk anatomy scan, because i wanted to, not b/c it was required or anything. don't call your insurance - any of the midwives will know how to navigate that...