or Connect

Posts by clintonhillmama

Quote: Originally Posted by CanidFL Wow this is an old thread but I must say I feel totally shocked by the "one week" bonus rule. DS goes to an in home care provider and we gave her family a $40 gift card for Christmas. We already live pay check to pay check and I thought that was a very nice gesture considering our financial situation. Oh well. Hope we didn't insult her our financial situation precluded me from giving a week's bonus this...
Quote: Originally Posted by katheek77 The Magic Garden. It was a regional show from when I was a kid (70s-early80s). Lots of singing, storytelling, etc. I have a 2-VHS set (signed from when *I* went to the live show), and DD *loved* it when I randomly popped it in for her...they just released, in the past month, like, 10 shows on DVD (I'd been stalking their site, after having no luck on Ebay). Yes, I bought it. And, yes, it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by margaret mayhem Maybe we should come play with your ds, clintonhillmama. we can start our OWN playgroup of kids who've been kicked out of the others!!
Quote: Originally Posted by elizawill oh...with the repeated 'quiet!' comment (i've gotten that too)...i would say, "no, i won't be quiet right now. what i am sharing with you is important. i am upset and i want to explain why...etc." i'm going to keep this one in my pocket - ds, also 3.5, is also doing this same exact thing! thank you!!
drinks and straws! the straws are crucial so you can drink in any position! snacks. a robe for when you want to be naked one second and clothed the next. nice, delicious smelling bath products for your first pp shower/bath. i'd bring the ball just in case you feel like using it, you won't really know until you want it, kwim? good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by margaret mayhem Many of the other parents only have a child or children younger than my son, so I wonder if it’s partly that their kid hasn’t gotten to this stage and so it’s easy to look at my son and think “my kid would never do something like that.” i found this very true years ago when my ds had his very first tantrum during our playgroup - he was on the older side, and so all the other parents were looking at...
i curse, and so when ds started dropping f-bombs at 2.5 years, i first burst out laughing , since he used it perfectly in context and inflection when a car cut us off while driving. but i understand how this is not appropriate..., so i told him that it wasn't a nice word to use and subsequently ignored it when he would say it. fortunately, that phase didn't last long. but last week, when dh and i were discussing someone we don't like, ds turned to us and said,...
i'm not in your ddc, but also had crazy BH both pg's - it seemed at the end, i would wake up, and have one continuous BH until i went to bed! lol. but one thing to keep in mind is to stay really super, duper hydrated. dehydration can make the BH come on stronger and in a regular pattern. it's easy enough to get dehydrated when you're pg, but also, in the cold weather, i find i'm not drinking as much as i need to b/c of the temperature. dd is a nursing machine, so...
omg. rachel, that CAKE! sooooooooooo cute, i'm freaking!!! i was just nursing dd down for her nap - our naps have been wacky, too - sometimes 2 great ones, sometimes 2 crap ones, sometimes just one. ds is a great sleeper - he didn't drop down to 1 until i decided to - about 16 or 17 months, i think - which is late. he's still a rock star sleeper, i'm hoping dd will learn by his example..... anyways, i was nursing dd and suddenly wondered about DivaMama - are any...
i, too, think it's normal. my frustrations tend to get the better of me - my go-to thing is yelling when: -i need more sleep -i'm hungry/dehydrated -i literally have not had any time when i'm physically alone in a couple days i was reading the rage thread that wuwei posted, and really related to this (italics mine, it's a quote from that thread): With a two year old its a daily battle to not do to her what was done to me - the little abuses like name calling and...