or Connect

Posts by clintonhillmama

so ds (3yo) has started saying some of the things i say to him back to me...but with about a billion times more attitude than i ever say them to him! how do i handle this? if he needs me, i often say, "give me a minute" so i can finish what i'm doing and then tend to him. if he repeats his request over and over, i'll say, "yes, i heard you. i'm going to help you, just let me finish x". he's also picked up "stop talking" - which i think may be something from school...
we have ours with some combination of: maple syrup milk ground flax seeds dried currants pine nuts/walnuts/almonds cinnamon for ds
*usually* it's one scoop per 2 oz of water.... HTH
so funny this is a thread, i just was complaining to dh about this. dh is english, and i really love getting british children's books, so they have the british words - often times, if you buy the US versions, they change some of it to make it american - ie. "mad" for "cross", "sweater" for "jumper", etc. so when his brother asked what to get, dh said a couple british books.....they have kids, so i figured they would pick a couple of their favorites for my...
when she wakes, i nurse her - she feeds for at least 20 - 30 minutes, and would gladly go for longer. but now that she's so big and twisting and turning while she feeds, i have a hard time sleeping through it.... this morning, she woke at 5 am. i fed her until about 5:25, and dh tried to put her back in her crib. no dice. so i took her into the living room (so dh could sleep), and just lay with her in the darkened room. she was kind of resting, but then would twist...
my dd, who just turned a year old, wakes for the day really early in the morning - usually about 5 am. her brother (3 yo) never woke this early, and so i'm wondering if there's anything i can do to encourage later waking for the day....i'd love to start the day about an hour later! thanks!
today was also my baby girl's birthday!! we had a rough night last night, her molars are coming in and it's the first time teething has really gotten her down. poor thing. for her birthday "party," we had orange ricotta pancakes (her favorite) and bacon (her big brother's fave). then, some cupcakes - not her first cake either she nearly touched the candle flame, but dh caught her hand just in time...yikes! she's still nursing la lot, i haven't even thought about...
i also had a HBAC. as my due date approached, i began worrying that my second labor would begin the same way as my first: with my waters breaking, and then nothing happening. but then i remembered that the outcome would be so different. with my first, i was induced after 16 hours of SROM; with #2, i was in active labor after 18 hours, and babe was born 24 hours after my waters broke, to the dot. .... and the experience was one i wouldn't trade anything in the world...
just watched the clip of the interviewer with the boy in the BF clip - the boy says he's going "to stop when I'm 9.....because that's the best time!" so, so cute!
ds also had the orange, not yellow poop - and i was told that it's fine!