or Connect

Posts by clintonhillmama

we are CD'ers in brooklyn, too - when ds1 was 0 -6 mos, we used a diaper service (nature baby) that doesn't deliver to brooklyn anymore. there's queen bee that does though. the service really helped, and we only had to launder the covers. once i was ready to wash on my own, i got prefolds and covers - we have laundry in our building, but i didn't want to be washing more than 1x/week. with prefolds, i got the most diapers and covers for the money i had to spend. ...
our babies really are about to turn a year, aren't they?! just looking at new posts, and one of the mamas in the december ddc lost her plug! it only seems like yesterday that i was stalking our ddc looking to see who was gearing up to birth! crazy!!!
not in your ddc, but i was also afraid of tearing when birthing - i did tear with dd (baby #2), but it wasn't that bad, and my MW didn't even stitch me. warm compresses and spending time in the tub may have helped, but there are so many variables with each woman/birth/baby, it's hard to know what "works", yk? i know some people do massage during pg to prevent tearing, but i didn't. and i have to say, there was a moment where i thought to myself that i was tearing, but...
we live in new york city, and it's just gotten cold enough this week for our son (3 yrs) to fully express how much he hates his coat. and pants! i only can get him to wear a hoodie sweatshirt unless it's below 40. the other problem we have is that he prefers to wear shorts. so now he wears them with babylegs since it's cold. the only other pants he'll wear are sweat pants. so now i remind him it's cold out, and i'm going to bring his warm coat and pants (if he's...
hey there ladies, it seems like only yesterday we were all wondering when we'd go into labor.... and now, i have a big baby girl. i was looking at her sleeping on my bed the other day, and i couldn't believe that she was so long and kid-like, not all scrunchy and infant-y. makes me happy and sad. now that she's more of a big-girl-baby, i'm enjoying her more than ever and my onemorebabylongings are fading. i think having more than 2 babes would be a real stretch for us...
Quote: Originally Posted by Belleweather I also kind of wonder how much of this is about ME, and my feelings about what I SHOULD do and be as a mama and how much is about Rhysie, who fairly clearly would be happy to eat mashed sweet potato and waffles and lassi over breastmilk pretty much any day of the week. my ds self-weaned at 11 months. i know to a lot of MDC mamas a babe that young would never self wean, but believe me - after FOUR WEEKS...
Quote: Originally Posted by nmm2112 I want to love them.... but they alwys seem to "ride up" and get twisted and i don't like wrinkles pressing on my newborn. Last one she wore to bed, the neck ended up around her waist because she wiggled through the neck hole... i feel the same way - tried them with both of my kids, but they'd just end up at their waists in a matter of seconds, no matter what kind we used! but i think they're super, duper...
Quote: Originally Posted by ElaynesMom What about a balaclava style? Something like this maybe? http://www.mountainbaby.com/item.php...baby_hood.html that's what we have for our kiddos - hard to tear off, super warm and super, duper cute!
my 3 yo ds and 10 month old dd share a room - and have since dd was about 5 months. sometimes, dd wakes in the night to feed, so i'll bring her into our bed, feed her, and then put her back in the crib. co-sleeping exacerbated a neck/shoulder injury of mine, so this is the best solution for our family. right now, i nurse dd down to sleep and then put dd in bed afterwards since her bedtime is 1/2 hour earlier. eventually, when dd is a bit older, we'll do stories and...
i'm so sorry, pam. thinking of caiden tonight....and his family.