or Connect

Posts by clintonhillmama

Quote: Originally Posted by Belleweather I honestly don't know how paranoid we should really be about food allergies. I know that the AAP has backed off their regulations about introducing foods slowly and one at a time because of allergies, at least for people who don't have a history or reason to suspect food sensitivities. So, we'e been pretty lackadsical about offering Rhysie solid foods. He pretty much gets a bit of whatever his brother is eating...
you can add me to the poopers! i didn't care a bit, either. in fact, i was fishing it myself and handing it to my husband since he couldn't find the stupid fish tank net that was in the box with the other supplies (even though i told him where it was about a billion times...)! i've been present at other births, and most women i know have pooped. i never noticed any odors, either - everyone's going to be focused on your babe coming, so i wouldn't give it a...
my son ran out into the road at about that age from in between 2 parked cars. we live in brooklyn, ny, where all rules of civil or safe driving are ignored on a regular basis. needless, to say, this scared more than any other moment i've had with my kids. i freaked out, grabbed him by the arm, pulled him towards me, all the while screaming hysterically, and we both started crying! i think that kids this age are too young to really "teach" about a relatively abstract...
Quote: Originally Posted by flapjack Of course, it could just be the effects of living in proximity to the Thames. It's our nearest big river too, and River's poo is distinctly green.
pam, to caiden, and all who love him.
hey mamas - it's so great to hear about everyone and their babes. i cannot believe that these babes are closer to being a year old than they are to being born... where did the time go?! ds had his 3rd birthday on labor day weekend - cake and a lightning mcqueen pinata (yes, we have fully succumbed to cars merchandising insanity!!). it was really cute. dd has eight teeth, and working on 2 more bottom ones this week. she's been getting awfully casual about her...
i second transylvania! as the mom of a 3 year old, there's no telling what could trigger a good ol' wail! tonight, it was because i wouldn't let him get in dd's crib - since he's been sooo ill with coxsackie. i know, i know, i'm so mean. don't even get me started on tooth brushing.... we live in an apt with neighbors across an alley way, so i'm really sensitive to this. i'd hate to think that my neighbors were thinking that my kids were left to CIO....any parent...
the bad mommy award goes to me this week, since i discovered a piece of a yellow balloon in dd's poop yesterday the older kids always are playing with water balloons at the playgrounds here, and it drives me crazy for this exact reason - there are tons of babies in the playground, putting everything in their mouths.... i have no idea when she ate it - i watch her like a hawk, and it just makes me feel terrible to think of a piece of rubber traveling in her digestive...
my ds developed cradle cap at about 22 months - but it's gotten alot better now. when i bathe him, i wet his head down really well right when he gets in. i wash it with gentle shampoo and let it sit on his head for a bit. then, i rinse it out and when the flakes have softened up, i brush his head with a baby brush and then sometimes comb thru it with a fine baby comb. the water seems to soften it up better than trying to get him to cooperate with the oil routine (which...
please move this thread if this isn't the right place for it.... hello midwives & doulas, i was wondering how you mamas handle childcare with such an unpredictable schedule. i'm thinking about pursuing doula training, and recently was honored to be present at my friends' birth of their LO - and after that wonderful experience, i've really been giving it more serious thought. but i have 2 small kids, and although my husband can try to accommodate me as much as...