or Connect

Posts by clintonhillmama

Quote: Originally Posted by matey clintonhillmama - We do bath and daddy rock, which is when my dh has like 10 minutes of peaceful rocking/singing time with ds. Sometimes it only lasts 2 minutes, if ds is ready to sleep, but he seems to do better with bedtime when he sees his daddy. Then he nurses. As for the babywhisperer, she freaks me out. She is so anti-breastfeeding. I read two of her books and watched the DVD, hoping to work on sleep by...
Quote: Originally Posted by *MamaJen* Aw, Heather and Karen, don't feel bad. Certainly don't feel shame. It's funny how the women who breastfeed for a couple of days then quit because it's inconvenient feel fine with their decision, but the ones who try desperately hard but don't quite make it wind up beating themselves up over their perceived failure. Birth and breastfeeding have been imperfect for some women all throughout history. It's one thing to...
i don't remember what the "rules" are - i kind of used super baby food with ds - but dd had cod and rice pilaf last night for dinner - and we had to stop feeding it to her, she would've kept going! no reaction, but we don't have any food allergies in either family.
hey mamas, just wondering what other babes are up to in terms of napping - frequency, time of day and length - since my LO seems to have gone from 3 to 2 naps lately. she seems sleepy early in the morning (about 9ish, after waking at 6:30 - 7 am), but takes about a 4 minute nap. then she's sleeping again at 10 am, for about an hour. then yesterday, her "third" nap was the long one, about 2 hours. i thought most babes (my ds included!) had the big nap in the middle of...
Quote: Originally Posted by kittywitty Anyone else that had a disappointing birth still going over it in their head? I think almost constantly about what I should have done and my failures. i feel you, kittywitty. i felt shattered by ds's birth, which ended up in a c/s. i ended up going to see the woman who lead the childbirth ed. class we took - she does counseling for this kind of thing. if you're up for it, i'd recommend it. and,...
ds's lovey (yes, he still loves it at almost 3 yrs) was actually the flat birdseye diapers we used as burp clothes when he was tiny. there was always one near him, since he was a frequent spit-upper, and so he became attached. dd doesn't seem to have the same love for the burp cloth - but i've been thinking about introducing something for her soon. whatever you choose, get a few and rotate them so they have the same amount of worn in-ness. some kids won't be fooled...
ah! these babies are growing up way too fast! dd is doing everything (besides teeth) way earlier than ds did. she's also pulling up on stuff and trying to cruise, crawling over everything, and eating anything she can get her hands on. she'll start screaming if i put her down or if i'm out of her sight. oh boy. her daytime sleep is out of whack, the other day she napped for 30 minutes total for the day. that is totally unacceptable! between the heat we've been...
is she eating food? frozen bagels are a popular teether around here!
i know your pain, my dd was the same. we tried every bottle on the earth, sippy cups, regular cups and eventually did spoon feeding. BM warm, cold, frozen, fresh, we even tried formula. i tried, dh tried, our sitter tried, family members tried, but no go. when i finally hit rock bottom emotionally, she took the bottle that night from dh like it was something she always did.::: the playtex drop in with the rubber nipple is the one she prefers. i have no idea...
congrats, nic!!