or Connect

Posts by trtl6941

Thanks! I just talked to him and he thinks it might be a good idea now (men ). I think he was thinking I would have to drive all that way for pre-natal appts. and that's not the case. There is an OB that I have heard good things about in Essex, which is only 15 Mins away. My babies come quickly, but not THAT quickly! lol (both times I labored about 4 hours total). Middlesex has birthing tubs and they are super BF friendly etc.... Thanks!!
I just found out I am PG with #3!! I am desperately looking for a midwife/OB in the New London/Groton area. There are NO Midwives at L&M (new London) anymore and my DH is dead set against a HB. I used to go to Thameside in Groton but I will NOT go back there again....horrible experience last time. And sadly, even with 5 OB's in the practice, I did not have one of the doctors on call for either of my kids birth. Ironically, I liked the doctors that did deliver my kids...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaimee According to the clinical studies that I've read, the patch test is supposedly the most accurate and specific test for infants and children under 2. The prick and RAST were pointless for my dd because I could already tell that she doesn't have an immediate response to anything. ITA about the accuracy of the patch testing! My DD had both blood and skin prick tests and had perfect results even though we could...
How old was your dc when s/he was tested? She was about 15 months What was the exact procedure? We went in on a Tuesday and they put bits of pureed food into little metal discs and then taped them to her back. Does it always take 72 hours? we were told to take the patches off at home Thursday morning and she went into the office Friday morning fo them to be read. How uncomfortable was the test for your dc? Were you able to go about your daily routine as...
Thank you everyone for your replies!! It really means a lot to me :
Quote: Originally Posted by mclisa Is she still on the neocate? yes
Ladies - thanks so much, I am writing down all these ideas! I do not currently have her on supplements because finding them dairy, soy and rice free are hard!! I am going to try her on aloe juice and am still looking for a probiotic! I also wonder if I need to supplement calcium because she really doesn't get enough. I have heard about seeds (and making seed milk) and didn't know if seeds were related to nuts? I guess not? Just to give a little more history...
Well, so far no allergy to wheat that we KNOW of but it's been such a process! She had patch testing done but was on steroids at the time so they expected little to no reaction. Well, she had very strong reactions to the allergens I listed and the others were just a little red Makes me wonder if she would have tested positive for more! Anyway, we give her lots of wheat and veggies and potatoes... Are all beans the same? She doesn't tolerate kidney beans or...
Quote: Originally Posted by tallanvor Can she have almonds? If so, try doing some baking with almond milk and egg substitute. Actually, some of what I was thinking about you would need butter. Not sure how to get around that. Hmmm, will have to think. What about refried beans? I don't know what kind of beans they are or how closely related to the others. Umm, tortilla chips and salsa? Spaghetti with gluten free noodles? Pears, oranges? Have...
Hi ladies! I don't post much here but I lurk a lot and this forum has been very helpful to me! Anyway, my DD has ulcerative collitis and food allergies. Her allergies are non-IGE related meaning she won't need an epi pen or have a severe life threatening reaction (thank GOD). However, she does form ulcers an inflamation in her colon. She is teeny (weighs 17 pounds at 17 months) but otherwise healthy! We are actually in the process of weaning her off of her steroids...