or Connect

Posts by mrskennedy

Sorry OT... But I really need some help here. I've been having major trouble sleeping for a long time--I'm talking years here!--and I won't use alapathic stuff. Have any of you successfully used melatonin or another supplement or remedy to get on a regular sleep schedule? I'm tired of getting up at noon or later and going to bed between 2 and 4:00 AM b/c that's when I finally CAN sleep! : It's interfering with my life, relationships, and everything else. Thanks for your...
I've gotten myself into a terrible sleep cycle over the past few years--yes, years. : Now I get up around noon if I'm lucky (sometimes later) and go to bed between 2:00 and 4:00 AM. Needless to say I need help. I won't use alapathic means. So is there maybe a Bach Flower or other natural remedy I could take short-term to get back on track? I want to take or do something that will help me sleep, but also that I can wake from and then go back to sleep, b/c DS nurses at...
You have to be a member of Sam's though, don't you?
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 My kids are all under the 5th percentile as well and we don't use milk as a beverage. Really, with the way my kids grow, giving them milk isn't going to make them gain weight (we've tried it). We reserve milk for cooking or cereal. AFAIK DS isn't under weight--we don't check unless we have to. But we don't drink milk. Not even DH or I. DS is only 9MO, but he won't be having milk as a beverage either. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Collinsky First, if you feel comfortable with your birth and it was everything you wanted, then what it gets labeled by anyone else is moot. Especially since obviously there will be disagreement on what is a "UC" and what is not. A LOT of disagreement!! Personally, what you've described doesn't sound like what I would really term a UC. Is it "more" unassisted" than a midwife attended birth? Sure. There's a spectrum of...
Quote: Originally Posted by georgia Think that's going to totally depend on the mom Sure does! I hated having my mom there *after* DS was born and she wasn't even there for the birth. If she had been, either my labor would have stopped and/or I would have ended up with a section. :
Quote: Originally Posted by SaraGriffin She told me she could check my vitals unoffically if I wanted her to, and I told her yes. I was GPS positive so she took my temp regularly to make sure it stayed low and also checked the baby's heartbeat during contrax every now and then with a doppler. Also, she checked my cervix to make sure I was good to push when I told her I was starting to feel pressure down there. First of all, I think you mean GBS...
Sat 01 put away $ for oil and rebuilding savings, gave DH his monthly money Sun 02 , made $2.79
Yeah, bookmarked here too. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by angelpie545 I love that the west is so very liberal, and I'm glad to see at least some parental rights respected by the juvenile justice system. In fact, I'm rather shocked, sadly enough, because we should be shocked when parent's rights aren't upheld. :