or Connect

Posts by lexapurple

We will start to homeschool in the beginning of the year and I had an option of buying online curiculum and ebooks for our materials. I choose to go with traditional books because I like the ability of leafing throught the book and looking up quickly parts that interest me. I have sony reader and kindle and love both for reading fiction books but reading educational books also did not work for me. I missed flipping the pages. 
Depends on the breed and kids. Larger breeds mature slowly, sometimes taking upto 3 years to settle. If kids are super active and intice puppy to play roughly with them, run around screaming and etc, even small dogs would remain troublesome around them. I got a   5 m.old Jack Russel puppy when DD was 2 1/2. Her every squil and hand flailing sent him ito jumping and play biting mode. she wanted to play with him and would pick up his toys and hold them over her head, he...
 Congrats on your progress!  He is a small breed, so it could be that his issues are related to bladder size and amount of drinking, since he was emptying his bladder. When it starts smelling like urine in the house it can trigger real marking as well and they can also start treating those areas that smell like potty areas.  I think you are talking about dominance through alpha rolling and alpha dog status that is achieved through aggression.   I am talking about showing...
 I love this post by amyjrn23. It is to the point. Most likely if you make it to the hospital it means that things are not going so good and you need interventions and in this case you would not be able to call the shots about your care. I agree with others that in case of "transfer plan" it is better to have a bullet point pla empfasising baby friendly care.    I had one very long home birth (46 hours) and an 8hr birth at freestanding birth center. First time I...
Tell your kids the truth, that you can not take her with you to the appartment.  We moved overseas and had to rehome 2 out our 3 dogs, and later take back the one that we took along because we got a live in job there dogs are not allowed. DD who was 3 at the time was sad of course but settled about the issue very soon. All of our dogs are with friends and family and we could see them when we come back.  Several month before that another one of our dogs got sick and died,...
Take a soiled puppy pad outside with you and put it in designated potty area, he will use there, next day, fold a pad in half, and so on. He will figure out very fast that he doesn't have to go on the pad, rather where it smells like urine.
I think you are on the right track.  Just keep at it. Meanwhile is it possible that he can not hold it as long as you are asking him? Could it be that he is drinking more due to warm weather and can't hold it? My show cocker (not neutered) temporarily lives with my brother and his fiance. After about a month of living with them he started marking and for them to fix it it was a matter of establishing themselves as leaders of the pack. He stopped marking very...
I don't think they make comfortis for cats but you can buy capstar from your vet and use you cats as means to knock down the infestation. It is a pill and it can be given daily. It has a short lasting effect and metabolizes out of the system within 24 hours, but it kills all adult fleas that are on your animal within 30 minutes.  fleas can hide in any crevices, so you hardwood floors can provide nice hiding ground for fleas.
Dogs are a lot of work! Maybe you can volunteer as a foster home for a rescue organisation, that way you will get a dog for long termishh stay couple weeks+ and your family can experience everything that is envolved without 10+ years of commitment.