or Connect

Posts by lexapurple

Yea, friend of mine told me that his friend supposedly died from stroke caused by adjustment but it did not stop his wife from getting chiropractic care. I started seeing chiropractor during my first pregnancy and since then it was a life saver for me as I have a weak back and my work involves lifting heavy things. I wish I could afford one now.
I am glad to see this thread! I am about 18 wks and I have felt some kicking about a week and a half ago and nothing for several days after and was very worried. Sometime midweek I started feeling very faint flattering every other evening when I am in bed about to fall asleep.
I have chronic SPD after last pregnancy and birth and "felling like my legs are going to fall off" is the best discription I can give when I have a flare up. My flare ups usually happen after walking a lot and putting any pressure on the joins while my legs are spread up. This pregnancy around 10 wks I went up the hill skipping steps and afterwards was in so much pain I could not get out of the bed next morning.  I wanted to go to chiropractor but could not because I...
Given you history of short labor, how far midwife leaves and the fact that you will be out of big chunk of money you don't have even if she doesn't make it, If I was in your shoes would not do it. I would see OB for prenantal care and plan a UC if you absolutely do not want to give birth in the hospital setting. With MW being so far away you are risking to have a UC anyway. If you are concearned about going to the hospital only because of episiotomy, I would hire a...
Someone I know had a VBAC with midwifes that came from out of state. I think they were only ones she was able to find and at the end I don't think she was too pleased with experience. I don't know if there is anyone there now who would attend VBAC. There is LLL groups in Columbia and Lexington which have a lot of homebirthing moms and also a Holistic Moms Network group that used to meet at  Earth Fair but I think they went back to 14 Carrot store in Lexington on HWY...
To me it sounds like a good compromise. I think most women want to have a HB because it promises natural and peaceful birth and labor. It is so inportant for laboring women to have support and peaceful athmosphere around them. If you DH supports you choice of birthing center you will have much greater chances of having natural and peaceful birth there than at home fighting with you DH and him undermining your ability to birth. I had a HB with my first and this time...
It depends on the sweater. My hubby shrank felted covers I made from toddler sized to newborn in the wash. And they gotten very stiff too. It would be safer to hand wash them and dry flat.
I am on same page with Tjej, I have a 3 1/2 y/o DD who grew up with 3 dogs in our household and made her first steps following one of them. She was/is usually good around them but sometimes she would get rough with them and try to get a reaction from them. In those situations she is like you DD "single" minded about it. when she would get this way dogs were put up to their crates with treats and toys. And I explained to DD that if she wants to play with dogs she needs...
After reading in this thread that in Germany delayed cord cutting is a norm I asked my midwife if it was so (I am seeing a group of MWs at birth center in Bremen, Germany) she said that it was and looked at me like I had two heads when I asked if it was a common practice in the hospitals here as well because in US hospitals people have to fight for it. She said that it was and there is absolutely no need to cut them right away and proceded to explain that they usually wait...
With last pregnancy I had only one. My first OB did not even offer early dating one and just did anatomy one at 25 wks. This time around it will be the same. I would not change otherwise good OBs only because they do just two scans, it is normal practice, more in this situation does not mean better. If you simply want to SEE your baby go to one of those places that are not affiliated with hospitals.