or Connect

Posts by lexapurple

If you work 9+ hours, plus need to take care of your 2 year old would you have enogth time for your dog? Young labs are very smart and very active, they need lots and lots of stimulation and exercise. IMHO it is not fair to confine a dog to a crate for 9 hours.
:
My DD got stuck head down between bed rails and mattress once! Thank God it was during the day and we were right there. After that we redid our setup and put our mattress on the floor. When DD was alone in bed or with one of us I put large bath towels rolled up under sheets along the edge of the mattress to prevent my her from rolling off the mattress. When she got mobile she learned how to get up and down the mattress herself and we were able to put our mattress back on...
I am sorry about your loss I am not sure if I had a real vanishing twin or not. I found out that I was pregnant at 6 weeks and thought that I was pregnant with twins and had dreams about twins but there were no signs of twin pregnancy at my first 10 week prenatal apointment there was one heart beat and at 25 week us there was only one baby girl. I still had dreams of twins but made miself forget about two DDs. When my DD was born I had a feeling that there was something...
We are almost dishwasher free. We have one but it was not installed right and doesn't get dishes clean and I like to do dishes by hand.
Pet vaccines are good for much longer time than a year! Yearly vaccination requirement is a way to guarantee income for the vets. Pet vax industry is the same industry as human vax and I believe that most pet vax are made by companies who make human vax. Studies have shown that if dog got their puppy set of shopts and two Rabies vax they will be immune for different diseases anywhere from 3 years to life. Given that inintial vaccination worked and the dog has...
Pet vaccines are good for much longer time than a year! Yearly vaccination requirement is a way to guarantee income for the vets. Pet vax industry is the same industry as human vax and I believe that most pet vax are made by companies who make human vax. Studies have shown that if dog got their puppy set of shopts and two Rabies vax they will be immune for different diseases anywhere from 3 years to life. Given that inintial vaccination worked and the dog has...
I agree with Shahbazin that we need hens to get eggs. But... I was very exited to order my chicks from Sandhills but in the end I had very biter experience (quality of birds and customer service). Be free to email me. While they try to do good by preserving rare and heritage breeds I will not recommend them to anybody who is interested in preserving the breeds and quality birds. Next time I will go with the breeder who is devoted to his chosen breed or too.
Is it OK to join now if I did not participate in earlier chic chats? I love eggs my hens lay! I choose the breeds I have so I would have colorful flock and easter basket full of natural colored eggs. I have two Ester Eggers (sometimes they are mislabeled as Araucana or Ameriacana which are very rare), they lay blue eggs. My Marans lay dark brown eggs, my Gold Laced Wiandote and New Hampshire Red lay light brown- pinkish eggs. My Black Spanish leghorn lays small...
Build (or buy) and install birdhouses suitable for owls. If they have housing in addition to food they should find your property very atractive.