or Connect

Posts by lexapurple

We had a pack and play and DD hated it. She wanted to be out and exploring and not caged up and cried any time we put her in. Couple of my friends had this http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Secure-Surround-Play/dp/B000G1YW98/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1300441125&sr=1-4 and it is something that I would get if I needed a play yard for my second. It does not look as fancy or bright as a pack and play but it is so much more versalite. It can be set up to fence...
I would absolutely not let my DD go for overnight trip if she was still nursing at night.   How much time does your DD spend with your mom now? My DD was spending at least every Saturdays with her grandma and they have great relationship esteblished since DD was born. Our next step was to let grandma put DD to bed at her house when we would go out and we would pick her up around 11pm. When she was weaned at 2 1/2 we had left her overnight with Grandparents. After...
Completely forgot I started this thread. LOL. Thank you for the advise. Seems like I already have most of the things on hand or in the to buy list, except baby detergent, baby oil and a big cup. Food wise I am very lucky! MY Smom coming in to take care of us a week before my due date and will stay for three weeks. She is a great cook. In case of her not making it on time, we live on campus and are on meal plan, so my DH would just need to bring it up to me.
I do have asthma and I had panic attacks as well. They feel completely different to me. Panic attacks that I experienced felt like I just ran too fast and could not catch my breath, there were no constricted feeling in my lungs, just could not breath in normal rithm. Asthma feels like my lungs are stuffed with something and I can not breath out plus the whizzing and cough. I had very prolonged asthma episodes that took days on medication to clear up and I also had short...
I would like to be completely prepared for this baby. With DD we had a lot of things already on hand at home what we were able to use for her needs. I am not into the "gadgets" and already have all of the big items like car seat, carriers, clothes and tub. I am trying to come up with a list of small supplies to pick up closer to birth and having a hard time remembering what exactly we needed for DD/me in the first couple days. So far I came up...
You know, being a groomer it always worries me when dogs who previously did not have issues with being groomed/groomer all of the sudden start acting scared. And I do not buy that some dogs just do not like their groomers. I have worked with a lot of "special needs" dogs who hated to be groomed. And while I was not able to turn every dogs aversion to grooming, every single one of them loved to come see me after couple visits! They would run into the shop, say hello and...
You know, being a groomer it always worries me when dogs who previously did not have issues with being groomed/groomer all of the sudden start acting scared. And I do not buy that some dogs just do not like their groomers. I have worked with a lot of "special needs" dogs who hated to be groomed. And while I was not able to turn every dogs aversion to grooming, every single one of them loved to come see me after couple visits! They would run into the shop, say hello and...
worst case scenario, you can trap them and take them to ac shelter for them to deal with.
Digging and chewing are self rewarding behaviours that come out mostly from boredom. They can be prevented by LOTS of training, interactive toys and long walks and are very hard to stop when it starts to happen. Keep in mind that when you take a rescue dog into your household, they might not show their true personality for several weeks as it takes time for them to adjust to new household. The dog who seems calm might turn itno wirlwind then it finally...
The link did not work for me. :(