or Connect

Posts by lexapurple

From your words it sound to me that your doctor doesn't want to consider VBAC for her own convenience and I think you should push harder for VBAC if there are no risk factors for you. If she finds that being overweight is somehow make it more dangerous to have an emergency CS I would ask her to tell you why and weigh that information. If there are no other risk factors for you, I would ask her if she schedules CS for every overweight mother? What if they need an emergency...
  We got our DD several stuffed animals for sleeping and explained to her that they were there to cuddle with and protect her at night. After it we had to redirect her to cuddle with them when she was waking up multiple times. It took a while but now she sleeps by herself and is able to fall back asleep without our help. Having a consistent bedtime and routine helped a lot too.     This is a great idea too.
I think I would ether prohibit everyone from drinking staining liquids in the living room or provide containers that are not easy to spill. I would rather buy new cups and bottles than create another clutter area with extra furniture, just for drinks.
It is a first time I hear about Brio Birth but I took Bradley classes with my first. If Brio is anything like Bradley but more in depth, I would go for it. Can you ask prospective teacher for more details of how they are different? Like what topics they cover that Bradley doesn't? When I did Bradley classes it was mostly to learn more about natural childbirth and be in circle of people who had similar values to me, learning relaxation techniques and coaching was...
I followed the link and did not see nursing bras mentioned anywhere on the site! Carriers are great though.
O, how tempting. I am just starting to gear up for making things for this baby since I left all of my crafting things and supplies in US when we moved, so I am waiting for my DH to come back from conference in US and bring me the fabric to sew with. Looking at those diaper covers makes me want to make some but we probably are not going to CD this time around. I will sew some toys and maybe reconstract a skirt to wear during labor/birth maybe.
Can somebody please explain it to me? During my first pregnancy I was not gaining any weight until I was 20+ weeks, I didn't actually loose any ether. At first appointment with MW (I switched from OB at 25wks) she fussed at me that I wasn't gaining weight. I started to gain about same time. same thing happened with me this time around as well but my German MWs (seen them at 10 wks first time) have not said a single word about it. Neither my mother nor my DH mothers...
DH got his PhD this Spring and we knew ahead of time that we will be moving somewhere or would need to live on one income. We had a 1400ft house that we would have to do something with. We found a one bedroom apartment and moved into it and rented the house out to friends. Four months latter he got a position in Germany and we moved with just eleven bags, 3 year old and a dog.   First thing we did before moving into apartment, we rented a storage space because we did...
I posted my first reply without reading the whole tread, than I read it. So I will try to answer some of you questions. Maybe it does need to go in separate thread.   Tilling and digging is the same thing just done by different tools. Mulching is always good even if you till. mulching helps to preserve moisture in the soil. Sheet mulching/sheet composting/lasagna gardening all refer to putting layers of organic material on top of existing soil to improve it without...
I am a lazy gardener and after learning about benefits of sheet mulching/lasagna gardening and no digging I combined that concept with tall raised beds and square foot gardening. It really worked for me on my super sandy soil. I personally think that if you have heavy clay soils you would get same benefits with less work if you just build raised beds and work on building you soil on top of clay.