or Connect

Posts by lexapurple

DD was like your DD. She was potty trained when she was 18m.old. She did almost the same thing with exception that she knew the difference between diaper and panties and would ask for help if she was wearing panties and potty in the diaper if she was wearing one. On walks away from restrooms we just potied where ever. I would just hold her squatting and she would go. I do not see a problem if a toddler potties under a tree in a corner in the park. Dogs do it. It would be...
Can't comment on anything but ADHD. There is a bit of misconception that the hyperactivity must be present for one to be considered ADHD. There are several types of ADHD. Both I and My DH are ADHD inatentive type. I am personally very good at hyperconcentrating on things I am interested in and can spend hours on end doing it, while you can not make me do things I am not interested in. I am not saying that you son is has ADHD but if shoulf not be dissmised only because he...
I am pretty sure if you can get out of it now, you will be able to it again when the baby is here. Most states excuse breastfeeding and SAHM moms with small children when you are a primary caregiver.
Sorry it is OT but the recommendation you received has nothing to do with country your doctor came from. It steams from lack of education of foreskin. In other foreskin friendly country you are as likely to receive same kind of advise.
If it is a concern for your ped and you he/she can run simple blood test that will show you child levels of both. Vitamins are only good for you if you have a lack of them, they are not harmless in excess and should not be popped as candy. At a 1 year check up my DD iron levels were tested and were at 14. My ped even commented that her levels were better than some kids who get suplements. She was breastfeed exclusively and only had little bit of solids twice a week at...
If you allow someone else to makes decisions for you, than you are not responsible for what happens and have somebody else to blame. It is a safe way to protect yourself.
I am due in mid April but in the begining of the pregnancy I was experiencing exactly the same thing down to the time frame. It lasted for first trimester for me and went away after that.
I am no expert on benefits vs risks in waiting for labor to start and than have a CS, so I look at you situation from the persective that you might end up having a CS even if you wait for spontaneous labor and baby does not turn. If it was me, I would look at scenarios of CS with you OB who says she can better advocate for you wishes vs CS with random OB if she is not on call when you go into labor. What would be difference between whose two? Is your OB super crunchy and...
With DD I was so worried one day that I made my MW send for NST! Turns out DD was just sleepy that day. With this pregnancy, I am experiencing some days when baby is turning and kicking all day long and almost no movement for couple days in the row. I still can count at least ten movements on those calm days but it still makes me worried a bit.
I think you DD is acting like a lot of 3 year olds, it doesn't sound like phychological problem. But she knows how to push your buttons and get away with it. She has the power over in your house and makes you play by her rules by getting you angry and refusing to go cool off in her room when you ask her. she is clearly asking for you to step up and inforce the rules you are imosing on her. I know a lot of people on this forum do not think that time outs are GDf do not...