or Connect

Posts by lexapurple

Thank you. I found it odd since I remember her taking notes and I was in labor for 40+ hours. I will contact her again.
JulianneW  this is a quote from the site you linked. "Most people infected with the poliovirus have no signs of illness and are never aware they have been infected. These symptomless people carry the virus in their intestines and can “silently” spread the infection to thousands of others before the first case of polio paralysis emerges. For this reason, WHO considers a single confirmed case of polio paralysis to be evidence of an epidemic – particularly in countries...
I would not take unvaxed child to India. The risk of getting a serious disease like polio is very possible.
I requested copy of my chart from my midwife in hopes of gaining some understanding of what was happening in during my prolonged labor. There are short descriprtions of prenatal visits, newborn evaluation, postpartum exam and birth record that shows how long was the labor,  presentation and if there were any complications to ether mom or baby. However there are absolutely no notes that have been taken during labor and that is kind of info I was looking for. Should...
I have discontunued Britex Decathlon that has been affected by recall they did in 2007 but it is still two years before exparation of the seat itself. The reason for recall was that in certain situations, when the harness adjuster strap is pulled to the side at an extreme angle, the bezel may separate from the shell of the child-restraint, which allows the adjuster to move out of position inside the shell housing. This may cause difficulties when trying to properly...
I don't know, I too at 23 weeks look like I am at least 6m pregnant. This id my second pregnancy.
I wish would have written a birth plan and discussed it with my midwife instead of just assuming that if I have a homebirth everything would e like I wanted for me and the baby. For example among other things I am still puzzled why couldn't my MW -put my baby on top of me skin to skin and covered us both with blankets and a heating pad when DD needed help keeping her temp up instead of getting her dressed and swadled and under heating pad next to me.
I do not have personal experience with using the "method" but I took time to read the book to know what it was all about. Things that they advocate for and want you to do are anti Atachment Parenting and pediatrician recomendations. It is totally made up way with no scientific evidence that it is SAFE or Beneficial for babies. Actually, AAP has issued a warning about this book and the church where babywise (raising children gods way) does not support them...
They would need to see the cord to make sure there is nothing wrong with it that may pose the risk during birth, like knots, single artery, very short cord, no cord at all,  if cord is inserted into placenta correctly, etc.  Most of those things do not cause any trouble for baby in uterus but could possibly cause severe complications during birth.  
I saw your post from front page and could not not respond even thought I do not normally post in this forum. Cracks and dryness could be from having a yeast infection even mild one. Men get them too. Dh had got it from me and had simptoms you are describing. Other reason could be using soap to wash the area, usually just rinsing with water is enough. Yet another reason for cracks like that could be phimosis, steroid cream would help with it and I think in worst case...